Any way to upgrade the "don't use real players" option?

When you uncheck the "use real players" box, you end up with a really weird database. It's not that bad for lower league play because you get to Facegen photos for everyone, but up the leagues it's nigh on unplayable due to the amount of flat out weird stuff.

-The game generates youngsters with unbelievable CAs (for their age) and no chance of improving, and it creates these players in large numbers.

-The game generates carbon copies of some existing players - "Wayne Rooney" may be an Italian named "Luca Mazzini," but Mazzini will have Rooney's exact stats.

-Players' international caps are all off-kilter - a 24-year-old Egyptian who is one of the best players in the world might not have a cap to his name. This is especially problematic in the Premiership, where some players won't have caps or EU passports, making it difficult for them to come back after their contracts expire.

I suppose the carbon-copy players are mostly because they want teams to roughly perform how they "should", safest way is to copy players and then swap around names and faces. I agree thoguh it could be interesting to have a completely generated layout, not a single grain of what's now apart from rough reputations and general amount of CA/PA in team's players.

Even as it is, though, the results aren't anywhere near as "true to life" as they are with the real players. I saw Bolton come in second in the first season. If the results are going to be a little wonky anyway, I'd rather see a complete database of regens with international caps befitting of their age/CA and without the overdeveloped youth team players and without the carbon copies.

I don't think that all that many people play the game without real players in the higher leagues because if they give it one try, they see how ridiculous it is. They see the Alex Ferguson clone, they see the Wayne Rooney clone, they see Sunderland's 16-year-old leading goal scorer. With everything else the game can do, it should be able to generate a decent database from scratch. If it takes a little more time to load up (load-up times for no real players are now around the same as they are with real players), it takes a little more time to load up.

Archived