England National Team in FM11

Yeah but I don't plan on managing England

In that case the squads will reflect his in game persona probably. If he is attributed well with 'working with youngsters' then he probably will build a new team. If not then it will probably be the same as always.

Squads aren't "selected" beforehand. They can be influenced by giving youngsters higher reputations, but that isn't really practical in this case. Gibbs and Wilshire don't get in Arsenal's team, Johnson and Hart aren't assured of their places in City's, even less so Onouha, likewise Rodwell at Everton.

It's best to wait and see what Capello's squads are, and how often those six get matches for their clubs. I'm sure the relevant players will get reputation boosts.

I wouldnt read so much into the whole 'Capello is making a younger squad' stuff. Didnt he say all along that if you was playing well you would be considered for the squad and anybody not fit wouldnt be picked? As soon as the World Cup came along, players in form were left out and injured/not fit players called up.

He's picking younger players now for friendlies but when push comes to shove (the qualifiers) it wouldnt surprise me if he stayed with the tried and tested familiar names.

Archived