Real Madrid need to be more ruthless with managers!

I hope in the next version they are a little more ruthless... On mine they just finished 4th last season and to me they would get sacked in real life :)

Now this season they are 9th after 16 games and are 12 points off the top... Now the manager status was on insecure but because he won the club championship(easiest trophy on the game - if you get there :p) they are not worried anymore and everything seems fine which is strange to me... So either 1 of these are the cause and would need to be improved in future versions! :thup:

i disagree. even in real life managers shouldn't be sacked so easily. it has become a joke nowadays. In Greece this year Olympiacos team changed 3 managers since June and PAOK fired their first one before he even played an official game!

I definitely agree with the original poster. Seems to me you've got to win the champions league at least at Madrid to be secure and even then...

Imo, to make it even more realistic, managers at certain clubs should be sacked if they dont play entertaining enough football too.

i disagree. even in real life managers shouldn't be sacked so easily. it has become a joke nowadays. In Greece this year Olympiacos team changed 3 managers since June and PAOK fired their first one before he even played an official game!

But FM is a simualtion of real life therefore should reflect real life with regards to sackings.

I agree with the OP, Real are notorious at being ruthless with their managers IRL and should be the same in the game. Also agree with HarryMills's get sacked if you dont play attractive enough football idea, Capello won La Liga with Madrid then got sacked because they didnt like his style why not implement that into the game.

How often does a manager get sacked for not playing entertaining footballl?

Well as we are talking about Real Madrid then the answer to your question is quite often because Real Madrid demand to win competitions in the most entertaining way. A manager could win everything at Madrid but if the board didn't like the way the football was played he's more than likely gonna be down the job centre monday morning.

I agree with the OP, Real are notorious at being ruthless with their managers IRL and should be the same in the game. Also agree with HarryMills's get sacked if you dont play attractive enough football idea, Capello won La Liga with Madrid then got sacked because they didnt like his style why not implement that into the game.

That would be good for the likes of experienced game players but for a beginner just wanting a bit of fun wanting to manage his/her favourite team it would be a shock to the system to have to delve deep into their tactics just to keep there job. Newcomers will more than likely just want a bit of fun with Ronaldo and the boys, not having to go into detail with tactics. If I was selfish I'd support this idea but I think for the wider community so unfortunately I believe it's a no go.

except for Brazil, imo Real Madrid should be as harsh with their managers in the game as Brazil is.

Right. So Real Madrid should sack their manager when they lose or draw a game...very realistic eh?

DE-Z has a point. The last thing SI wants are a million threads about Real Madrid sackings when FM11 is released. Many dissatisfied customers for FM11 = less income for FM12. Not very good for business. :)

Not every FM-er is a hardcore player. If they keep getting sacked at Real Madrid it might put off more people. And sackings for 'un-entertaining football' is really subjective and I don't think the AI has the intelligence to determine entertaining football. I think SI should stick with results-based sackings.

Just because it happens IRL doesn't mean it should happen in the game (eg. hooligans and deaths).

It should be quite simple - just make real madrid so that you have to play on 'attacking' (or a set number of clicks on mentality) or above to keep them happy. If not you get a couple of warnings from the board saying they want you to play more attacking football, if not, at the end of the season they remove you.

Could make it so the 'bad football' sackings only occur at seasons end, then just tone down the 'patience' score drastically.

If they keep getting sacked at Real Madrid it might put off more people. And sackings for 'un-entertaining football' is really subjective and I don't think the AI has the intelligence to determine entertaining football. I think SI should stick with results-based sackings.

Just because it happens IRL doesn't mean it should happen in the game (eg. hooligans and deaths).

No, not having that. The game must be tougher on Madrid managers, it's as simple as that. Nobody is saying every situation in real life should be in the game, don't be silly that's a poor example, but it's a fact that Real are very harsh on their managers and this should be reflected in the game.

As regards to humans managing Real then yes, they could make the game more tollerant towards us, but i'm sure that happens already for humans managing teams compared with the AI.

12 seasons in and Pellegrini lasted till 2018 for Mark Hughes to take over till present in my save.

I think their ambition should just increase at RM, as Pellegrini went 3 years without winning La Liga in my save, which would be an instant sack in real life.

Right. So Real Madrid should sack their manager when they lose or draw a game...very realistic eh?

DE-Z has a point. The last thing SI wants are a million threads about Real Madrid sackings when FM11 is released. Many dissatisfied customers for FM11 = less income for FM12. Not very good for business. :)

Not every FM-er is a hardcore player. If they keep getting sacked at Real Madrid it might put off more people. And sackings for 'un-entertaining football' is really subjective and I don't think the AI has the intelligence to determine entertaining football. I think SI should stick with results-based sackings.

That's like saying injury crisis shouldn't be in FM...

Sackings need some work... In my save mostly only clubs that get relegated sack their managers... Funnily enough Wolves won the Europa League but were relegated... Manager was sacked right away...

Playing in the Portuguese league I've seen both Sporting and Benfica finishing 2nd,3rd or even 4th (for a few seasons in a row) and yet their managers were never sacked... I'd love to see Porto's manager not be sacked IRL after finishing 2nd... :D I'm stuck in Leiria because none of Sporting/Benfica/Porto's managers are sacked ffs... (for years and years... geez)

Their job security is "Insecure" or sometimes even "Very Insecure" yet when the new season comes it's back to Secure... :rolleyes:

I think the whole thing generally needs some work... my contract is up at the end of the season and Juande Ramos is being touted for the job lol!?! What? He was spurs manager before and was awful. Why would the re-hire him. And its really frustrating how you can be successful at 1 club yet you never get approached for the top jobs... IRL teams would maybe not win a trophy for 1 or 2+ years and they would go... "this man wins trophies... we want him". The chairmans need more ambition!

Surely you are making an argument for the sackings to be harsher in FM, if Olymp sacked 3 coaches in 3 months?

Yes it does. The game is a simulaton of real life football. Of course holliganism shoud not be in the game, but from a management sense everything else should be in.

except for Brazil, imo Real Madrid should be as harsh with their managers in the game as Brazil is.

I was sacked as Brazil manager after 5 games and no wins(all friendlies). No loses admittedly and it was quite far into the game with pretty crap regens. At the time I was the best manager in the world, with 5 years undefeated at Real, and I perhaps should have been given more time.

No, not having that. The game must be tougher on Madrid managers, it's as simple as that. Nobody is saying every situation in real life should be in the game, don't be silly that's a poor example, but it's a fact that Real are very harsh on their managers and this should be reflected in the game.

As regards to humans managing Real then yes, they could make the game more tollerant towards us, but i'm sure that happens already for humans managing teams compared with the AI.

Well, if at the current club reputation, then yes I believe if you don't win La Liga you should be sacked, but I don't want a Brazil like thing where they sack managers every year regardless of the reputation of Madrid. Anyways, I have a more important issue to comment below...

That's like saying injury crisis shouldn't be in FM...

Sackings need some work... In my save mostly only clubs that get relegated sack their managers... Funnily enough Wolves won the Europa League but were relegated... Manager was sacked right away...

Playing in the Portuguese league I've seen both Sporting and Benfica finishing 2nd,3rd or even 4th (for a few seasons in a row) and yet their managers were never sacked... I'd love to see Porto's manager not be sacked IRL after finishing 2nd... :D I'm stuck in Leiria because none of Sporting/Benfica/Porto's managers are sacked ffs... (for years and years... geez)

Their job security is "Insecure" or sometimes even "Very Insecure" yet when the new season comes it's back to Secure... :rolleyes:

Now this is something more important than the Madrid issue IMO, which is not a gamebreaker. This one is and I agree with it. Flawed job security and sackings. Managers who underachieve should be on the 'hot seat' the next season and shouldn't be Secure (more like Slightly Insecure or Insecure depending on the club). I would say there needs to be more sackings/not renewing manager contract after the end of the season other than the relegated clubs. There needs to be a little more manager movement in the FM world.

It will be very VERY interesting to see how Mourinho gets on at Real IRL this year. Will they sack him if he finishes second? Will they sack him lik Capello if he wins but without flair? I very much doubt they will sack him after one season as they have rarely had a coach of Mourinho's reputation in charge in recent times.

I am finding this a problem. Top clubs are far too reluctant to sack underachieving managers. I agree with the OP, fail to win with Madrid then you would be out. Finish 4th (as they have on my game regularly over the last 10 seasons) and you would be out. However Real have had the same manager for 15 years in my save. It's the same with Barca, although they are more patient, they have underachieved for a few seasons winning only 1 league and yet the manager is never under pressure.

Bizarrely the international jobs in South America seem to come up every month or so (I believe this may be a bug.)

The thing that is really annoying me is that I am 20 seasons in and have a world class reputation with 6 league wins, 6 cups wins (including 1 champions league) yet when I declare an interest in Barca or Real jobs it is laughed off as though I am the manager of Rochdale. I accept they may not want me, but to laugh it off as desperate is stupid. I wouldn't mind, but this has happened with smaller clubs too such as Sevilla, who have then gone on and appointed a new manager with no reputation who has no affiliation with the club at all?

This needs sorting, in my current game I am very successfull and play attractive attacking football, IRL I would be linked with the big jobs.

I also agree with earlier posts that when managers are insecure or v.insecure they should not revert to safe at the end of the season. Not enough sackings I am afraid.

Rubbish. The game reflects real life. Real sack managers a lot. Take them over and you accept that. The non hardcore players should accept the game as a simulation. The game shouldn't be dumbed down to suit the part time players. Your argument about hooligans etc is just daft. Sackings are integral to football. The game needs to reflect this closely and everyone who knows anything about world football knows certain clubs hire and fire much quicker than others. Certain countries have much higher turn over of managers.

I must admit I'm surprised by the lack of knowledge shown by some on here about Real, not knowing that managers have been fired for failing to play beautifully.

man dont be out of your mind. many teams fire managers because they dont play attractive football. i m from greece . paok (a greek team) fired his manager because he lost two friendlies. olympiakos fired his manager because he lost one european game. Football manager needs to improve in many other things before it becomes so difficult for players.

right now we dont have many things that happen in real life like more detailed training scuedules and you want to get fired more easily ? after all you can go to real time editor and change real madrid chairman's patience to 1 ;)

Rubbish. The game reflects real life. Real sack managers a lot. Take them over and you accept that. The non hardcore players should accept the game as a simulation. The game shouldn't be dumbed down to suit the part time players. Your argument about hooligans etc is just daft. Sackings are integral to football. The game needs to reflect this closely and everyone who knows anything about world football knows certain clubs hire and fire much quicker than others. Certain countries have much higher turn over of managers.

I must admit I'm surprised by the lack of knowledge shown by some on here about Real, not knowing that managers have been fired for failing to play beautifully.

So your saying a 15 year old with no FM experience, who has just bought FM10 because Madrid have bought Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso and he wants to manage them should be sacked within his first year because IRL it's his debut season and he's won nothing? Jesus way to put a kid off a game!

One potential solution could be this;

IN NO WAY DO I MEAN DIFFICULTY LEVELS.

But merely a chance to state whether your an experienced FM gamer or a new comer which will have a direct impact on the boards leniancy towards you, just that nothing else.

On my game Pep Guardiola went 8 seasons at Barca without a single trophy, so I had a look at the job security, and he was untouchable which is just ridiculous. I know some managers such as Ferguson stay at big clubd for a long time but in general the manager turnover is just too low at top clubs which is irritating when I want to go for big jobs in the summer but so often there are just none available.

Just because Real Madrid seem to change manager every season NOW, doesn't mean this policy has to be forever enshrined in the game. If that is the case it would be near impossible to have a long term save with them. We have to remember, this is after all a GAME. It's not Football Manager Real Life (which is often stranger than fiction).

Real Madrid has a 14 year spell with one manager in the 60s and early 70s. Granted he won lots of league titles, but I doubt he was always successful. More recently, Vicente del Bosque had a good four year spell from 1999 to 2003.

IN NO WAY DO I MEAN DIFFICULTY LEVELS.

But merely a chance to state whether your an experienced FM gamer or a new comer which will have a direct impact on the boards leniancy towards you, just that nothing else.

You've just described difficulty levels, really.

I think SI should always go for the highest end of patience available within the bounds of realism. More experienced players could just resign rather than be sacked if they were disappointed with their performance.

Real Madrid has a 14 year spell with one manager in the 60s and early 70s. Granted he won lots of league titles, but I doubt he was always successful. More recently, Vicente del Bosque had a good four year spell from 1999 to 2003.

Yet he still got sacked after winning the Champions League because Barcelona won the league title for the 2nd season in a row, Real Madrid like many other clubs are demanding beasts & this should be reflected in the game which, is a simulation of the modern football world not the one of 40-50 years ago.

It's a shame this topic has only just come up as anything mentioned here will not be considered until the FM2012 features meeting & I've always had a problem with manager turnover, it's hard enough to find out when a vacancy is up for grabs put to only see the same collection of Brazilian 3rd divison & lower league Scandanavian jobs every Januray & June is depressing.

Yet he still got sacked after winning the Champions League because Barcelona won the league title for the 2nd season in a row, Real Madrid like many other clubs are demanding beasts & this should be reflected in the game which, is a simulation of the modern football world not the one of 40-50 years ago.

It's a shame this topic has only just come up as anything mentioned here will not be considered until the FM2012 features meeting & I've always had a problem with manager turnover, it's hard enough to find out when a vacancy is up for grabs put to only see the same collection of Brazilian 3rd divison & lower league Scandanavian jobs every Januray & June is depressing.

Like I said, at the end of a day, it's only a GAME. People want to enjoy themselves, not worry their head in over whether they will be sacked every season.

It's not real life. It's a game.

Like I said, at the end of a day, it's only a GAME. People want to enjoy themselves, not worry their head in over whether they will be sacked every season.

It's not real life. It's a game.

Like I said before... Let's remove injuries!!! This is not real life! It's a game!!! /rant

Now seriously... If you win, you don't get sacked, if you don't, you get sacked. Simple... (In Real Madrid's or Porto's case) Now waiting 6-7 years for someone to fire their manager and it simply doesn't happen? FFS...

Sorry to those who say this is a game... FM has always prided itself as a sim, sackings at top clubs are part of the real game. In my current save Real have won nothing for 5 seasons and keep finishing 4th, yet their manager is never under pressure. It's not realistic at all. As for the 14 year old who plays it and gets sacked.... Well that was me 17 years ago, I started again, did things differently and improved. I'm still playing FM now.

This shouldn't need to have been mentioned, it should be obvious to anyone who has played the game that this needs to be looked at and imo sorted. Until clubs start having noticeably different characteristics (expected playing style, patience, transfer expectations, youth vs older players tendency, number of foreign players tolerated, amount of control given to the manager over transfers etc) basically the things that make you like and admire one club over another irl, the game can never reach it's full potential imo. If you go to a club you should have to think of the consequences and how well you could work with the president, Madrid should be a huge huge challenge.

Another thing, I really hope they include presidential elections in the new game, it is appalling not to have them at the moment, they have a tendency to shake up the whole football world irl, but in the game, nothing.

And as for the patronising guff about some naive 15 year old buying the game and then getting all disillusioned, please! We all started out and loved the game for it's realism and youths pick up things quicker than anyone and besides, dont most people play for an average 100 hours of something- is there such a thing as a casual FM player?

You're missing the point. Football Manager is all about realism and fun! We all know that Real love nothing more than sacking managers and this should be incorporated into the game! If they were not so strict in real life, then yes there is no need for chance, but because the sack managers often, this should be incorporated!

is there such a thing as a casual FM player?

Yes. Me. I never go past one season or maximum two. I like to fiddle about with the systems and features of FM, and muck about with the clubs and players. Not really build a career.

But I'm suppose I'm the lone minority voice here.

Yes. Me. I never go past one season or maximum two. I like to fiddle about with the systems and features of FM, and muck about with the clubs and players. Not really build a career.

But I'm suppose I'm the lone minority voice here.

I usually got bored once all of my players are regens, so i start a new game

Archived