Created Set Pieces

Football Manager 11 should have a new feature in tactics mode of making created set pieces. Example your at tactics and you should have an option that you select and then it goes in the 3D match engine where you can choose all your players and make their positions in corners and free kicks from different ranges. Example a corner in the right side if we wanted to play it short then we would select the player that is at the first post, and make him run towards the corner so that the corner taker could get it short, then he would pass it back. Also we might just didnt wanted him to do that so we could have a option that says : "Pass, shoot or cross" then the player would touch the ball tricking the defender and cross it to the box.

Thanks for your attention ;)

I'd prefer a better interface, something like you dragging players into areas and you can swap players around easily - a bit like designing a formation for set-pieces. It makes it easier to visualise and swap around and is a lot less fiddly than dropdowns.

Wasn't it causing massive exploits on CM's match engine?

The last thing we need is a new feature which could provide more questionable, borderline-cheating, solutions.

I'd like to have a set piece creator, but just after a solid year of testing. Actual testing though, not "beta testing made by customers" ;)

Well I didn't knew CM had that. I dont even play that since 2003. But in Fifa 10 that doesnt work out because the players intelligency isnt their best attribute. But there was no need for copies. I didnt made this idea thinking in other game. That would make the game realism level increase.

It would be a great feature if SI could get it working properly, but I'm unsure if they can. Firstly, there are already at least two exploits in a much more limited system. Secondly, PaulC (co-founder of SI and chief ME coder) has said that there is high potential for even more exploits in such a system. Thirdly,

Archived