Is it worth playing a 2nd season when ive won everything in 1st season?

Seriously, this is one problem i have.

I play with spurs and for the 3rd time in a row ive won the league, and 3 cups in 1st season but i find it hard to play a second season as there isnt a challenge in it (played it once, won it all so why bother! )

Anybody else feel like this at times?

I play with spurs and for the 3rd time in a row ive won the league, and 3 cups in 1st season but i find it hard to play a second season as there isnt a challenge in it (played it once, won it all so why bother! )

Anybody else feel like this at times?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Anybody else feel like this at times? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at Spurs in 2020 and just finished bottom of the Prem. But looking forward to re-building and getting promoted again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

I understand you, once you are in top game loses sense. This is because I always start as low as I can. Thanks to dafuge this year I started lower than ever and I'm enjoying the game a lot.

i cant help it if im a managerial genius lol

Yep, thinking of doing that myself Mike.

Stupidly asked for some tips in the LLeague forum but no luck so ive boycotted them. Need to be in the 'cliq' to chat with them A$$holes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bit harsh, as long as you follow the rules in the forum they are very welcoming. One of the main rules being they don't do tipping.

I'm currently in my 8th season of a career game, at Catanzaro Italy. I've won 1 league and 1 cup in 8 seasons (2 seasons were spent in the lower reaches of Brazil).

Start the game with a few countries loaded all down to the lowest league and start out with the experience of a Sunday league footballer, start un-employed too.

Then see how many seasons it takes you to work your way up to Tottenham and win 3 cups and the league in 1 season.

Littlebeale... rules were made to be broken lol

Nick.. obvious, but i never thought about that, cheers.

Finished the end of season and onto July the 1st now.

Decided to try n win the Champions League and also England have offered me the job so im gonna see if i can manage both spurs n england.. should be fun now

Btw, they (whoever the mythical "they" may be!) always say it is harder to retain a title than to win it the first time. Certainly I found that with Derby in FM07 and especially with Kilmarnock who put in a contender for one of the worst title defences in living memory!

Well Matty, I'd suggest you try managing Spurs without using;

The editor

FM Scout

FMM

Other peoples tactics

You might find you're not as good as you thought icon_smile.gif

Before you deny the above btw, every post you ever made is available for all to read.

Good luck if you decide to pursue a career as an "honest" manager icon_wink.gif

agree with Kriss - i have played 2 seasons with Leeds and failed to get promoted from League 1 both times. i've heard so many stories of people getting back to back promotions with Leeds and then doing very well in the PREM but are they doing it the "honest" way like myself? if they are good for them but to be honest it is more of a challenge doing it the way i am!!!

I also won the lot in my first season. OK, it was with Man U so no big shock. After my second season I looked around to try and improve my squad, and realised that I would have to bring in even more overseas players.

I then decided to improve the quality of my coaches an concentrate on developing goog British yougsters. My aim is to eventually have a squad that is entirely made of these players.

I only hope I can keep winning in order to complete my aim without being sacked. icon_biggrin.gif

Well dude, if u really want a challenge, do the same thing with the smallest and lowest club u can find. Now that would be a challenge. No good players, no money, small stadium, poor attendances,etc, how's that for a real challenge?

Im a Spurs fan too- but in recent years its been pretty pointless starting with them as (just like real life icon_wink.gif ) its easy for us to break into the top 4 and win trophies straightaway.

I not a LLMer but I always now start at the bottom and without cheating like to work my way to the Spurs job, normally resurrecting olde giant names such as Wolves, Forest, Sheff Wed etc along the way.

You won the league with spurs?!!!?!

I need proof.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randal:

You won the league with spurs?!!!?!

I need proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao! i second it.

ive never cheated on here, wats the point???

Ive loaded Capitano Demolition part 2 and Lukeharmz 4-2-3-1 tactics but i tweak them and i also set my own setpieces up to suit what players i play. I spend plenty of time before a match scouting the opposition, and setting my tactics up

You could always try not managing such a small club. And by a small club, I mean a massive club.

Archived