Happy memories...

With the release of FM 11 confirmed I was reminiscing about previous titles and the memories that they left me and I was wondering what other people had experienced. I'll start...

On FM 08

Charlton Premier League and Champions League double winners with my best player being Matty Holland :cool:

What about you?

FM 2006: First time ever playing Football Manager (besides the demo).

Needless to say, it was excitingly overwhelming, and so much to figure out. And thankfully, I still haven't figured it out - which is why I'm still playing FM.

One of my early experiences was taking Hereford from Div IV to Div I but on achieving promotion from Div II I was offered the Liverpool job and there was a bug in the game that meant you automatically accepted the offer. This was before the internet and patches were the norm, possibly around 95/96.

Liverpool had just been relegated and 16 of their first team squad were defenders :mad:

One of my early experiences was taking Hereford from Div IV to Div I but on achieving promotion from Div II I was offered the Liverpool job and there was a bug in the game that meant you automatically accepted the offer. This was before the internet and patches were the norm, possibly around 95/96.

Liverpool had just been relegated and 16 of their first team squad were defenders :mad:

My god, gutted. Why didn't you apply for the vacant Hereford job?

Archived