making sure it doesnt destroy my laptop

im now working abroad for the next couple of days and it gets pretty quiet at times so i brought fm10 with me ;)

it turns out i cant install it on the work desktop as i dont have admin access. so im gonna install it on my laptop, but i ruined my last one by playing fm on it, although i admittedly played it way too much so it overheated. im running the task manager beside the game and it looks all right except the physical memory.

i'll admit to you now, if you havent already guessed, that im crap at understanding computers. so admittedly i dont know what the physical memory is, but i can see that i have available 2038, 1065 is being cached, 1010 is available and so 0 is free....is that a bad thing for the performance of the computer?

i would really like an answer so i dont ruin this one as well, as i need it to last at least another year.

but as some of you know: not playing fm is not an option ;)

Download SpeedFan. It will show the temp of all the components of your computer. Above 90 C is considered dangerous though I prefer below 80 C.

Physical Memory is RAM. And no your situation ain't bad.

click start(the windows symbol on the taskbar) select run from the menu and type dxdiag

Post back with the information you get about processor, ram and page file and you should get better help.

Click on display and post that information as well.

Archived