Being able to 'watch' training

I'm sure this would have been mentioned before but it's something that occurred to me yesterday.

Could there be an option where, utilising the 3d match engine, you can watch your players train in certain areas. Namely watching training games or set pieces etc, to get an idea of where strengths lie without relying on stats and coach reports etc? Would be good to see how successful my positioning of players at corners etc actually is beforehand rather than waiting for a match.

Games like ISS have a 'training pitch' option, for what it's worth, but I figured it would be more useful in FM.

Not interested in watching them doing running/fitness stuff or whatever but match-like situations would be good to view.

It sounds like the type of thing that would be fun at first, but then it would eventually just become a time consuming thing that people just skip over and hate doing. Kind of like the press conferences in the current game.

Nah.

Finding out Problems in tactics should be done in the match. if we get to see corners again and again (in training), it would lead to mny more corner exploits.

PS Champ Manager has this feature. Boring.

Try the demo to satisfy yourself

• Administrators

This has already been covered by Miles....

"Training is one area that you've earmarked for improvement in FM 2011, but have you thought about using the match engine at all in FM's training system?

Well, it is all tied-in together but I can't think of anything more boring than watching players running around cones. From that perspective, it's not something that we're planning to do at any point in the near future."

Miles Jacobson in Total Video Games: Football Manager 2011 - Miles Jacobson Q&A Feature, 11th August 2010.

• Administrators

That said, I'm not sure what 'good' it would do, really (as said by poster above), Each to their own though.

VERY BAD IDEA.This is one of those things that sound good but dont end well.let me guess, you watch them do drills and choose from a list of instructions what you want them to do more or less for at least 25 players every frieakin day. This is just going to be wasted as people would just use the send assistant option once again and if there is no send assistant option, they'll probably stop playing the game permanently cos no one would want to have to do this.I think we should stick with improved training schedules.

This feature is in CM2010, and was one of the only features as well as the set piece creator that I thought was decent. I only really used it to see who my fastest players were (without just going by their stats), to see who my better penalty takers were and to see which of my players were better at 1 on 1's / shooting. I wouldn't use it much but it could be useful sometimes but thats just my opinion

I don't think watching training would be a great addition but I think it would be better to have more detailed and/or more frequent training reports from your coaches.

The idea of watching players train would be incredibly boring.

I like the idea from parsfanjamie though. If you received a training report each Friday from your assman or a nominated coach that gave a very brief report on things of note, then that would be more beneficial.

Agreed. I would like the ratings system implemented in the training module. This could mean weekly feedback on the training performance of each player, so that if player X has been getting an average rating of, say, 6.50, chances are that he would not perform well in a match, and therefore should perhaps be dropped.

Having the option to play a training match (as part of training, not a friendly) between the two team selections would be a useful tool for tactic making, tweaking and understanding the match engine without going through the painful trial and error process in competitive matches.

Imagine it now for 30 mins of every hour your managing your tactics and watching them run round cones and practicing drills, im slipping into a coma, please someone turn the support machine off, thank you.

I'm sure this would have been mentioned before but it's something that occurred to me yesterday.

Could there be an option where, utilising the 3d match engine, you can watch your players train in certain areas. Namely watching training games or set pieces etc, to get an idea of where strengths lie without relying on stats and coach reports etc? Would be good to see how successful my positioning of players at corners etc actually is beforehand rather than waiting for a match.

Games like ISS have a 'training pitch' option, for what it's worth, but I figured it would be more useful in FM.

Not interested in watching them doing running/fitness stuff or whatever but match-like situations would be good to view.

I think you should just make a bunch of friendlies between your first team and your reserves/youth squads. These would be essentially training matches. Plus you could try whatever you wanted without any penalty. You could try new formations, new tactical approaches and, yes, new set-piece strategies.

Archived