Weird teams in premiership

Saw the screenies, Bashley must be the best spot so far.

For me, I seem to have Cheltenham Town doing their thing in the Prem in 2026

:)

Still going strong. Second season in the Prem and they're on course for a mid-table finish. I always like to keep my eye on them!

Alfreton are also pushing for promotion from the Championship.

in 2047/48 (running the level ten db)

Prem:

WBA (Tycoon takeover top 4 side)

Leicester are top half prem side as are Bristol City

Swindon Norwich keep Yo-yoing between prem and championship

ive had Hertford in the prem though

I live in Hertford! :O

In my save (which is only about 15 years in) Wigan are bottom of League 2 in December. Ouch! In terms of sides doing well, St Albans are now in the Championship, so I keep a keen eye on them! :)

No real stand out teams in the Premiership on my save (bar Fleetwood Town who I am managing) Notts County are in the Premiership with Cardiff City being a bit of a yo yo team with Norwich, but with the stadiums and finances that brings its not too big of a shock

No major changes in the Championship either only Rotherham being the big mover here.

League one is where Blackburn and hull have ended up in mid table down there, Cambridge are here too pushing for a play off spot.

League two nothing to major apart from my home town of Blackpool are struggling here and are bottom of the table after playing 31 games (been trying to help them by loaning them players to keep them in the league too!). Weston-Super-Mare is probably the higher riser in that league

This is all in the season 2025-26

I live in Hertford! :O

In my save (which is only about 15 years in) Wigan are bottom of League 2 in December. Ouch! In terms of sides doing well, St Albans are now in the Championship, so I keep a keen eye on them! :)

Haha how funny, i work in M&S there!

Only shock team in the Premiership so far on my game is Southampton and West Brom are looking good for a top four finish which is also a shock to certain extent.

Elsewhere Portsmouth and Cardiff are both in League 1. Cardiff have been there for 2 seasons and Portsmouth just the one and Portsmouth had 10 points deducted in their last 2 seasons in the Championship. Pompey are guaranteed a Play-off Place this season however and Cardiff look to be going the same way.

on 09 Wycombe were a dominant force in Europe on my save in the 50's

2050's that is..

Yes! \o/

On my FM09 save in 2027, Carlisle have made it to the Premier League on a couple of occasions, only to be sent straight back down. Sheffield United are European regulars and all the "big 4" are still in the division, just. United have come very close to relegation on a number of occasions.

Burton & Oxford are lower mid table Championship clubs, along with Grimsby & Bradford, and a few Premier League teams such as Blackburn, Wigan & Fulham are also there

In League 1, there isn't really much change apart from Chester challenging at the the top along with Exeter. Preston, who were in the top fight for about 9 years are also down there fighting against relegation to League 2.

League 2 itself contains sleeping giants Cardiff, Nottingham Forest & Blackpool, whilst Chelmsford are looking good for the title.

Finally, Swindon Town are in the Blue Square South (!) after going into administration 3 times in 4/5 years.

Scunthorpe were in the Premiership for the 2013/14 season on my game. Not the weirdest in this thread, given that they start one division below that level but I would still have expected them to have gone the other way. In any case, they came up and promptly went down with just seven points to their name.

I've had Huddersfield but no one weirder. The odder thing on my game is Everton got relegated in 09/10 and 30 years later they've yo-yoed between all 3 league divisions without playing in the prem again. Playoffs 2 years in a row in the championship though now. I'll never forget seeing Doncaster win the champions league when I played CM 97/98. And they were a division 3 side then.

I have made Brackley a force in the Premiership, it's 2021 and I note that Gateshead are on the verge of promotion from the Championship. So on MOTD 2021 Brackley v Gateshead might be their main game ;~)

in 2047/48 (running the level ten db)

Prem:

WBA (Tycoon takeover top 4 side)

Leicester are top half prem side as are Bristol City

Swindon Norwich keep Yo-yoing between prem and championship

Leicester have been a top half top division side and Norwich have been a top division side plenty of times in the past, nothing really unusual about those two.

Luton and Southend were in the premiership for a number of years and my save is only in the 2020's. Wycombe are a solid mid-table side with no real investment just a lucky batch of youth players. Watford a top 4 side, Leeds a top 8 side, Blackpool are on the fringes of breaking into the top 4. Couple of lower league sides are becoming strong in the championship, aldershot are one I think.

It is 2022, I have QPR and Sheff Wed being dominant in my league, but not as dominant as me. I am Telford United, so it's quite odd to see them in the prem ha.

Wigan and Charlton are struggling miserably in the BSP, Macclesfield and Darlington have been in the BSN for years.

Blackpool are on verge of relegation from the league. Burton, Stevenage and Fleetwood are regulars in League 1. Bournemouth, Swindon, Oxford and Luton are all regular in the Championship.

Some weird stuff happening :p

Am in 2022/23 season.

Notts County, Bristol City and Plymouth are all regulars in the Prem

Everton are in the championship

League 1 has Blackburn, Hull and Sunderland all in mid table and with players on in excess of 30K/week

Wrexham and Crawley are on the climb in League 1

Swansea and Charlton are struggling in League 2, with Bishop's Stortford and Hayes & Yeading on the rise.

Yeovil are bottom of the conference

Hartlepool and Barnet are 2nd in the Blue Square North and South respectively

Rochadale are bottom by miles in the Blue Square North and Rushden has disappeared all together.

Being a Wycombe fan, I like this. Even more so, considering they never seem to do well.

The 4th Wycombe fan on these boards, fantastic! Get over to the Football Forum & the League 2 thread! :)

Forgot to add that on one of my old, and now sadly corrupt, FM09 games, the Premier League was dominated by Wycombe (myself), Weymouth, Luton & Portsmouth!

On a lot of long term games i've played or seen screenies on the forum, Blackpool end up in the BSN and pompy also slide down the leagues. Oxford seem to always get up to the prem, Wrexham and Luton also seem to climb the leagues a lot

The 4th Wycombe fan on these boards, fantastic! Get over to the Football Forum & the League 2 thread! :)

Forgot to add that on one of my old, and now sadly corrupt, FM09 games, the Premier League was dominated by Wycombe (myself), Weymouth, Luton & Portsmouth!

I grew up in Wycombe, and worked for the Wanderers as a kid, hence why I support them. Go watch Telford weekly now though!!

Wheres the thread?

Archived