How Can SI Expand as Company and Get Bigger and Better, ??

Ok You got Football Manager Live, and

Football Manager with New update everyYear but how can you take them further than ever before and how can SI expand,

What Are Peoples ideas,to be able to do this

What SI hopes and Dreams and how do they believe they can take it further,

Why expand? Computer games are a highly competitive market. Right now SI have one section of that market cornered. There's no real competition and won't be for as long as SI produce a quality product because the cost of another company buying into the market and taking them on would be too great.

If they branch out into live action games to rival FIFA or Pro Evo they'd almost certainly suffer for it. Dozens of developers have tried to do that and all have failed.

Other sports management titles is about the only likely way to go, but none of them would have the same potential market as a football game and, I would argue, football is a sport that lends itself perfectly to this type of game in a way very few others do.

I get the impression SI are pretty comfortable where they are but still always looking to make a better and better game. I think if they want to get bigger and stronger they should keep doing what they're doing.

Ok You got Football Manager Live, and

Football Manager with New update everyYear but how can you take them further than ever before and how can SI expand,

What Are Peoples ideas,to be able to do this

What SI hopes and Dreams and how do they believe they can take it further,

Maybe they don't want to expand?

With football being the dominant sport in the country it would be hard for them to branch into other sports and still remain a viable company. Their resources would be spread too thinly to make a game anywhere near the same quality as the FM series. Don't forget how long it took for them to get to the level of detail in FM10 and now imagine them trying to break into a new sport such as Rugby/Cricket.

Although a management game for Rugby, Cricket or Formula 1 on the same level as FM would be quality, it would be much better for SI to stay focused on the FM series.

Going up against EA and Konami would be financial suicide, the agreement in place between SI and SEGA is still good for all parties it seems, so theres not much worries of SI going to activision as their publisher it would seem on the surface. It Activision were to buy the rights to FM, SI may not work on it anymore, or you'd probably find some of the people at SI would find it untenable because you just know with someone like Activision we'd be paying for our summer and January transfer updates, wouldn't surprise me if they even made additional leagues premium content with Activision. Look at CoD:MW2 they're using that to sell CoD4 to people again.

• Administrators
Bigger does not always mean better.

Very true, it's what you do and how you do that counts :D

Couldnt give a monkees! - am an FM fan, not and SI fan though I appreciate the Team's efforts over the years. To me SI success is assured by year on year quality FM product launches (as bug free as posible & customer focussed products). Expaniso as they say is not always a good thing! Next step maybe is Facebook lite version of FM.....and I may not be joking there!

Archived