I know its my save and my choice, but what do you generally do?

So I started another journeyman save, my first in FM10, but wanted to start with a club rather than unemployed like usual, loaded up around 30 leages as per usual, at least 1 from each 'footballing contenant' 3 or 4 where it permits. Went to Google and a random number generator site and got 22, set myself up as automatic and shut my eyes and pressed random team 22 times. I got Necaxa in the mexican promotion leage.

Now my 'rules' were that as soon as I win any silverware I leave at the end of that season, however, I have now won the opening season season with Necaxa by winning the final and I am poised to take them up, only needing to accumulate 15 less points in the close season than I did in the opening season to achieve promotion which I topped 12 points ahead of La peidad (same team I beat the the opening season play off final). Im a bit torn as I really want to stay with them, but then the point of this save was to travel an manage in places I generally dont. I have the likes of India, China, Hong Kong, South Africa, Peru loaded up, all places where I have never managed and would love to have a crack before 11 is out.

Now as the title says I know this is my decision, and I saved last night before I made it to give myself some good time to consider it, but I was just curious if anyone else has been in the situation and what they generally do? This is probably aimed more at people who have played Journeyman saves with 'rules' but good to hear from anyone!!

One thing you could do is to save it and then move on and save it as a different name so that you can go back to where you were with Necaxa if you don't enjoy the move or once you are done with the save you could go back and see how things could have turned out if you had stayed. Just a suggestion.

I'm not an expert at journeyman games but don't force yourself to manage any team you don't want to, if you want to stay at Necaxa you should, leaving against your will will make the game less enjoyable. If there is a good job offer, do consider it however. I'm sure that a team from one of these leagues will have a vacancy after you get promoted.

Went to Google and a random number generator site and got 22, set myself up as automatic and shut my eyes and pressed random team 22 times. I got Necaxa in the mexican promotion leage.

If you wanted to manage a random team you could have just pressed the 'random team' button once.

Think of real life football, managers often make switches to other clubs even if they love their current one. Football management is all about opportunities, if your managing a championship club who are mid table, and you recieve an offer from a premiership club, managers will take the job.

What i would do is, think with your head, if there is a bigger club presenting you with a better contracted and a chance for better football and higher leagues, you should take it, this is because you may love you current club, but you can just as easily fall in love with your new club, take Owen Coyle for an example. He loved Burnley, but he is now managing Bolton because he knew it was a better opportunity and they had a much bigger chance of staying in the premiership. And now he loves Bolton, he has made some great signings and he squad have been un-beaten all pre-season and he is loving his club. This could happen to you.

Although i am a big Reading fan and whenever i start a game with them i never change purely because i love the club!

In your situation, i would take what seems to be a bigger opportunity if it arises, if no stand out offer is there, you may aswell stick with what you know and dominate that league once more.

Hope that helps :)

Andy

If you wanted to manage a random team you could have just pressed the 'random team' button once.

i never do as quite often it picks the team in the top league of the country you start the season in (in the set up screen when you choose start time) In fact I tested it in this one again and got Arsenal the first time.

Think of real life football, managers often make switches to other clubs even if they love their current one. Football management is all about opportunities, if your managing a championship club who are mid table, and you recieve an offer from a premiership club, managers will take the job.

What i would do is, think with your head, if there is a bigger club presenting you with a better contracted and a chance for better football and higher leagues, you should take it, this is because you may love you current club, but you can just as easily fall in love with your new club, take Owen Coyle for an example. He loved Burnley, but he is now managing Bolton because he knew it was a better opportunity and they had a much bigger chance of staying in the premiership. And now he loves Bolton, he has made some great signings and he squad have been un-beaten all pre-season and he is loving his club. This could happen to you.

Although i am a big Reading fan and whenever i start a game with them i never change purely because i love the club!

In your situation, i would take what seems to be a bigger opportunity if it arises, if no stand out offer is there, you may aswell stick with what you know and dominate that league once more.

Hope that helps :)

Andy

Thanks Andy, I have been offered Boca but im not that keen on them as I have done a save there before, i think i will sit tight and see hwat happens, if someone comes up in a league i really fancy a crack at ill go!

I've always stated out with the lower possible team in the English League and spend about 20 seasons taking them as far as they can go.

Then I usually get annoyed that I didn't load more leagues up for a fresh random change of club and end up starting again.

I made sure I had plenty of leagues active and a laptop that could handle it for FM2010. With most of the European Leagues loaded up, I move about every 5 seasons or so.

I could only really ever decide on starting with on or 2 teams. Recently I decided to start unemployed most of the time, but with the starting job list being the same (depending on leagues loaded), I've decided to regularly take the game to the 1st June the following year, which will give different job vacancies each time. Or in your case, use the vacancies as a shortlist of clubs to add yourself as.

I don't know anything about the Mexican League, but you mentioned gaining promotion.

I don't consider promotion a trophy, surely you need to win the top flight?

I consider a trophy a trophy, and id dint again promotion, i won the opening season, the team who avergae the most points in both seasons gains promotion.

To add on in case anyone was interested in the outcome, I resigned on the 18th of December (day after the final of the opening season in Mexicao) and got the Almeria job in spain on the 12th of January. They were bottom but still in the spanish cup, I managed to stay up by a point on the final day (thanks to the striker that i had originally bought for Necaxa and then signed as Almeria) and with a unbelieveably easy cup run in that I won the quarters, semi's and the final all against teams that are not even in La Liga I lifted the Copa Del Rey and resigned the next day.

I have applied/declared interest at:

Standard - Belgium, Newell's - Argentina, Orlando Pirates - South Africa, Juinpan (sp?) - China and about 3 others that were either available or insecure, wherever I go my first bid will be for my striker, I plan on taking him around the globe with me!

Archived