Dynamic league Rep

I'd argue that national and league rep be seperate. National team performance should impact a nation's rep, which would impact the likelihood of players choosing to play for that nation, while club competition's should impact the attractiveness of playing in a certain league.

In my case, I'm managing Toronto FC in MLS. Despite winning every competition I've entered (including 5 Club World Champs over Barcelona, Inter x2, Bayern Munich and Lyon) I'll never be able to attract the level of talent (or afford them) of a bottom-tier Premier League side. That said, the true impact of dynamic league rep would impact European clubs the most due to the prestige of the UEFA tournaments. People would like to see a league such as Romania grow in stature if, say, a Romanian club wins the Champion's League while another wins the Euro League for three consecutive years in a row. As it stands currently, though, the Romanian league would never become "more appealing" to players as the league would always remain in a fixed place in the hiearchy of European leagues.

I'd argue that national and league rep be seperate. National team performance should impact a nation's rep, which would impact the likelihood of players choosing to play for that nation, while club competition's should impact the attractiveness of playing in a certain league.

That is the case.

This makes the reputation of a league higher or lower depending on the clubs in that leagues perfromances and their national team. This makes buying other players easier and could grant your country extra european spots

This already happens. In my games (09&10) , the Swedish Premier Division have gotten two direct CL spots. In real life, the champions enter in the third qualifying round...

This already happens. In my games (09&10) , the Swedish Premier Division have gotten two direct CL spots. In real life, the champions enter in the third qualifying round...

I've noticed this as the club's coefficient rating change over a number of years. France and Germany have both lost a CL spot. I've also noticed that my active European leagues seem to do better than the non active ones

In terms of the new changes, I think what would happen in my case is that those leagues not doing so well in Euro comps both not just at club level, but also national, would struggle to attract the standard of players that they used to.

Archived