How does FM make YOU feel part of a team?

After being a member of the forums for over 2 years, with very minimal post's I must say, I finally feel part of a team. I regularly browse over the forums ensuring I've read the vast majority of threads without ever really offering my input. Just recently though I feel a sense of willingness by every member on the board. I remember not so long ago these forums were filled with arguing, bannings, and cursing. The state of the forums today just go to show how far we all have come and how well we are all enjoying the game. Although only a game FM is a very important part of us football lovers, a hobby. We all share this one piece of passion. The success we crave and the failure we rue all seem to have had an impact on this forum, despite a few it seems the vast majority are enjoying this game for once.

No more do we have daily a thread which states the game is cheating or the tactics don't work. Mature responses are offered to the odd thread which does pop up with this problem where as a year ago the response would have been a violent, aggressive one full of taboo language and often threats.

Now in 2010 with the launch of FM2011 around the corner I feel the need not only to help other forum users with my knowledge but also to recieve help knowing I will get a valid response which I can put to good use. I also feel the need to come back and check on the progress of others who are combating challenges or just wanting to take their local clubs to the big time. Also to offer help and support.

So although very whiney, this is how FM makes me feel a sense of renewed ability and makes me feel a part of a team. Anyone else have any similiar experiences?

Many thanks,

DE-Z

After being a member of the forums for over 2 years, with very minimal post's I must say, I finally feel part of a team. I regularly browse over the forums ensuring I've read the vast majority of threads without ever really offering my input. Just recently though I feel a sense of willingness by every member on the board. I remember not so long ago these forums were filled with arguing, bannings, and cursing. The state of the forums today just go to show how far we all have come and how well we are all enjoying the game. Although only a game FM is a very important part of us football lovers, a hobby. We all share this one piece of passion. The success we crave and the failure we rue all seem to have had an impact on this forum, despite a few it seems the vast majority are enjoying this game for once.

No more do we have daily a thread which states the game is cheating or the tactics don't work. Mature responses are offered to the odd thread which does pop up with this problem where as a year ago the response would have been a violent, aggressive one full of taboo language and often threats.

Now in 2010 with the launch of FM2011 around the corner I feel the need not only to help other forum users with my knowledge but also to recieve help knowing I will get a valid response which I can put to good use. I also feel the need to come back and check on the progress of others who are combating challenges or just wanting to take their local clubs to the big time. Also to offer help and support.

So although very whiney, this is how FM makes me feel a sense of renewed ability and makes me feel a part of a team. Anyone else have any similiar experiences?

Many thanks,

DE-Z

great post!

Agreed, top post.

I've grown up along with the various versions of the game. I'm a long time forum browser but step in now and again if I think I can offer a hand. IMO these forums are bigger and more important than ever.

I now see them as a kind of enhancement pack to the game(especially the skinning forum) :)

Agreed, top post.

I've grown up along with the various versions of the game. I'm a long time forum browser but step in now and again if I think I can offer a hand. IMO these forums are bigger and more important than ever.

I now see them as a kind of enhancement pack to the game(especially the skinning forum) :)

Thankyou, totally agree with the above post.

Agreed, top post.

Good points there mate, these forums are really good.

Archived