My Dodgy Scouts

I'm managing Galatasaray in the Turkish League who when I joined had serious money problems, I found myself unable to sign anyone good until I found this French newgen, a 19 year old GK called Ilan Maysonnave, my scout said that the keeper had 3 star potential, and he was a free transfer. However, he has now just joined and my staff say he has 1-star potential. Surely my scouts can't be this wrong, can they?

I'm not too sure on how the description changed because the previous scout report is now not accessible but he was leading PL and potential to be better than my current GK, now he's way off having the potential to be better than my current GK. I hadn't signed another goalie between the scout report and signing him.

I'm not overly upset as I got him for free, but it makes me worry that when I do spend money on someone, the same thing might happen.

Staff Member Judging CA/PA

Assistant Manager 12/13

1st Team Coach 13/13

1st Team Coach 10/12

Fitness Coach 1/1

Fitness Coach 7/7

GK Coach 9/7

GK Coach 8/8

Coach 11/10

Coach 15/15

This was a one-off scouting report but still, wrong by 2 stars. I don't think that should be happening. All of the staff here have agreed that he is 1 star, except the fitness coach with 1/1 who said he is 0.5 star, he is probably wrong

I know it is a bit late now but you can increase the accuracy of the scout reports by sending your scout back to scout him a number of times, although I'm not quite sure how that would help if he's without a club. I wonder if the scout reports are deliberately inaccurate for unattached players?

Personally, I would have tried to get him in on trial first, that way you can get him accurately compared with your other keepers.

I've just had exactly the same thing. A scout with 20/20 judging CA/PA tells me a player 'has the potential to become a leading premiership right back'. So i sign the player and as soon as he comes to me (the next day) he now 'has the potential to become a fairly good player'. What's that all about?

Oh, and the staff member who tells me the player 'has the potential to become a fairly good player' is my ass man who also has 20/20 judging CA/PA. What a waste of £3m. Is it any wonder people cheat..

I've just had exactly the same thing. A scout with 20/20 judging CA/PA tells me a player 'has the potential to become a leading premiership right back'. So i sign the player and as soon as he comes to me (the next day) he now 'has the potential to become a fairly good player'. What's that all about?

Oh, and the staff member who tells me the player 'has the potential to become a fairly good player' is my ass man who also has 20/20 judging CA/PA

Was yours a one off scout report as well?

Yes but as i said how do they know that now hes only going to be a fairly good player as its still the day he has joined me?

It does seem a bit odd but I suspect that the 'purposeful inaccuracy' in the scout reports (particularly for young players) suddenly disappears when they join the club. The reports your coaches give don't seem to fluctuate like the scout reports do, although they probably should.

For this reason I always look to trial players or get multiple scout reports.

Archived