Unbelievable Scenes.

So.... I am AFC Telford United. Have increased my stadium up to 14000 quite a few seasons ago. I am Premier League Champions and have been for the last 4 years, as well as Champions League winners 4 times in a row. All cups possible won by me 4 years in a row.

Yet... the board won't increase my stadium due to planning permission. Had a mooch around and everyone says to wait til the end of the season. So I've waited and waited. Still nothing.

So I ask, has anyone else encountered this problem in similar circumstances? Or am I just one unlucky man? :confused:

It seems your ground cannot be expanded any further. You'll have to wait for them to build an entire new one which should be fairly likely looking at your success and guessing how much money you should have in the bank.

Jesus, what's this obsession with new stadiums? Your stadium will never be expanded simply because there's not more space. If you're lucky maybe the board will build a new one but that's not a common occurrence and it shouldn't be. They will only do it if you're stadium is packed every single game...and even that isn't a guarantee. I had a new stadium built 14 seasons ago and right now I'm constantly breaking average attendance records...my stadium is usually almost sold out and I'm not expecting a new stadium soon...

Well I have loads of money in the bank, and I totally thought that. I've been waiting for a new stadium announcement for about 3 seasons now. I'm just thinking with all the success I have had, why hasn't any plans been made?

Jesus, what's this obsession with new stadiums? Your stadium will never be expanded simply because there's not more space. If you're lucky maybe the board will build a new one but that's not a common occurrence and it shouldn't be. They will only do it if you're stadium is packed every single game...and even that isn't a guarantee. I had a new stadium built 14 seasons ago and right now I'm constantly breaking average attendance records...my stadium is usually almost sold out and I'm not expecting a new stadium soon...

I'm not obsessed, I'm just playing as one of the best teams in the world in 2022, with a 14000 seater stadium, selling out every game. Average attendance has been 14000 every year for the last 3 years.

When did you last stadium get built? I'm going to guess at around Championship/First year in the PL time?

I doubt a board in real life would build 2 new stadium within 10 years of each other!

Haven't had a new one built at all yet. New Bucks Head has been expanded to 14000 in about 2015 to become all-seater for the Championship, its now 2022. I know the NBH has it's limits. And Trents, I have £800 million in the bank.

I'm Oxford just starting the 2020/21 season. This will now be our 7th season in the premiership (won it twice in the last 6 seasons) and my ground is maxed out at 18,000. I fill it for every game i play, even carling cup games. We are the 7th richest club in the world with a club estimated value of £245m (due to having several world class players, my 3 strikers are worth more than £100m between them) yet no new stadium for me either.

I'm Oxford just starting the 2020/21 season. This will now be our 7th season in the premiership (won it twice in the last 6 seasons) and my ground is maxed out at 18,000. I fill it for every game i play, even carling cup games. We are the 7th richest club in the world (due to having several world class players, my 3 strikers are worth more than £100m between them) yet no new stadium for me either.

If I'm right, the Kassam Stadium opened in 2001, which should mean you are also due a new stadium either this season or next.

Oxford built a new stadium in 2032 in my game if that's any help ;)

If I'm right, the Kassam Stadium opened in 2001, which should mean you are also due a new stadium either this season or next.

Oxford built a new stadium in 2032 in my game if that's any help ;)

no, it was 2003. Does that mean that perhaps in 2023 i might get a new one?

...and that's the ridiculous thing! As if the club wouldn't build a new ground with that amount of cash in the bank if your ground was 14,000.

In the game it doesn't seem that cash is one of the factors in building a new stadium, unfortunately the time since the last one was built is a factor.

Well lets hope that this is fixed for FM11.

Looking at the latest video from Miles it looks like you will at least get the chance to ask for a new stadium directly from the board request screen. Hopefully their decision will then take into account your finances, success and average attendance. It really does take way to long to get even a average stadium when you start having huge success with a former almost unknown club.

Huh?

The guy has the best team in the world and is packing the stadium every match. In real life the board would quickly get a new stadium built in order to capitalise on the increased revenue. It's not rocket science. Try engaging your brain before talking as if you're the world's greatest authority on something ok buddy?

Yes it is, new stadiums are being built all the time in England.

Huh?

The guy has the best team in the world and is packing the stadium every match. In real life the board would quickly get a new stadium built in order to capitalise on the increased revenue. It's not rocket science. Try engaging your brain before talking as if you're the world's greatest authority on something ok buddy?

Ha ha, well said.

If you're got 800million in the bank who cares if you get a new stadium?

Also not calling you a cheat, but if you've used FMRTE, then it sometimes struggles to see the difference between total cash, and the 'natural' cash level which would be there otherwise.

If you imagined success like that happening in real life, the board would be rubbing their hands together in glee at the prospect of building a new stadium and cashing in on some of that success more. It is said it's not "realistic" for new stadiums to be built often, but you'd have to be dimmer than a dodo to not realise there's a lot of money to be had by creating a new stadium for that team.

Archived