A little frustration saver - News item suggestion in transfer negotiations

I have a short and simple idea for the transfer bid rejection news item. Expand it by one line for players for which you would need to overspend vastly.

I have seen numerous threads about people complaining that they have to pay too much in relation to the market value indicated by the game to buy players. Often people have replied that the other club maybe just doesn't want to sell.

Why not create a simple additional line in the respective news item which could provode according explanation and save many people from frustration?

My idea is like this and the line could be added if the sale value of a player os more than 3 times (or 2.5 or whatever multiplier SI feel would be right) the market value of a player.

(new part underlined)

"[other club] reject [player name] bid

[other club] have rejected your [offered fee] transfer bid for [player name].

The [other club] management have advised you that [player name] is not for sale. Obviously they would reconsider their point of view should you decide to offer a silly amount. "

Of course, the wording of that may be changed, but it would basically show users that this player can only be acquired by paying a really large fee.

This may actually already have been added for FM11 now, but if not then maybe this is small enough to still make it :)

Comments?

I too think this is a brilliant idea although if it is a set multiplier it will be very easy to work out exactly how much you would need 2 pay, saying this I have no problems at all with the current transfer prices....

why would barcelona sell messi for his market value? or in fact any where near that.

Good point, but in the end the sale value is set (and accessible via FM Scout and maybe FMRTE) and usually we will find out about it by bidding anyway and even if the multiplier became known by whatever means it would still only give us a minimum multiplier which will in most cases have to be exceeded anyway to get a bid accepted.

:)

Plenty of changes to the transfer section in FM 2011.

Causes galore and interation with agents.

Not sure the enhanced transfer interation will encorporate what the OP suggests, but it be much more detailed

Archived