Football Manager Handheld 2011 Announced

gamefeaturesPack_psp_en.png

Release Date: 5th November 2010

Information:

New Skin - a brand new skin giving the game a fresh and vibrant look and feel

All the transfers - every transfer will be completely up to for the 2010/11 season with all of the transfers included from the summer transfer window

Improved positions tactic screen - making changing your tactics an easier and more configurable experience.

Improved match graphics - watch your games with the classic 2D match engine, now more realistic than ever before

Updated completion and rules - play with all of the new competition rules for the 2010/11 season.

Playable National Leagues - Australia, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland and Spain.

Screenshots

I really REALLY hope that the fact there is NO new features means they have instead spent all the time FIXING ALL the bugs from the 2010 version of the game and with no new features I would certainley not be happy to find many bugs in the 2011 version of this game :) , I have no problem with no new features AS LONG as most if not all the bugs have been fixed out and I said before there was no point adding new features if the current game had so many bugs.

• SI Staff

The main thing for FMH (PSP) this year is to make it as solid and playable as possible - its not got any huge new features but has been tuned and improved a fair bit, its also got some smaller new features tucked away in there.

(please note I"m not working on the PSP game myself so I'll leave it to others to talk about this years version of that game - I do know that all the fixes from last years FMHi game have been merged into the PSP codebase for instance though)

PS - One thing which hasn't been mentioned yet is that FMH 2011 is FAR faster than the 2010 version (which had slowed down a fair bit from the 2009 version), this has been achieved without removing anything from the game - just optimising the codebase.

Am liking the look of the 2D matchday screen - the addition of the stands around the pitch is good. I assume that the text only option will still be there though?

It would be good if the size of the stadium on the 2D match screen changes if you come up against bigger clubs - e.g if you've got a cup game away at Man Utd the stands could be two tiered or something?!! Wishful thinking perhaps. But could also be good if for example in future editions you improved your stadium, and this was then reflected on the 2D screen.

Looks like FMH10 screenshots, except the tactic screen, which looks horrible. 2d match engine doesn't bother me at all, don't use it. No USA league, no Irish league, no new features of note. *sighs*

As was expected, iPhone version completely distracted the attention. What's new about the skin I can't see - isn't vibrant at all.

No Russian league :(

Oh wel, as long as ALL players are present this time, I will be happy.

In FMH2010 e.g. lots of Dutch Eredivisie players where missing (Luuk de Jong, Vurnon Anita, Graziano Pelle, Arnautovic, Daley Blind, Darley and many more). Also, most EPL teams had like 30 players and lots of youngsters missing. I think everybody wants more youngsters at big European Clubs (at least up to 36 players), instead of all the unknown korean, azerbeijdjan, Chinese and Saudie Arabia etc. based Players..

Or maybe less unknown free transfers and players at non league clubs? In the Dutch league there like 500 non league players, but lots of (young) dutch players playing abroad missing.. And I would also like to have more european players from Switerland, Austria, Sweden etc available instead of less known from C Football Countries outside Europe.

Also, it would be GREAT if it would be possible to play longer then 30 seasons.. Sugar Daddy option maybe?

Oh, and will the Germany national team FINALLY be managable?

Answers will be much appreciated Marc :)

Greetings from a long time (from CM92 on) dutch FM fan :)

FMH is honestly the worst series of games I've ever bought. The game is littered with bugs and the fact there's no features this year is an utter joke. Every version of FMH hasn't been worth the money that it cost and I can guarantee you this one won't be either.

The game isn't littered with bugs. I can only think of two that get you money and the odd wierd thing happening on the 2D match screen.

I am annoyed that no major features are being implemented this year although the game is addictive and good to play whilst travelling.

"Joe Hart is NOT in the game !"

"Players playing internationals the day of the Champions League final. Again."

"The 2D Pitch is the same as last year had bugs already."

"just seen a good one. My Gk was sent off after i had used my subs and i pressed start before putting another player in goal but thought the game would just put a player in goal but when they came to take the pen I had no GK in goal on the 2d pitch!"

"I also have the scouting option issue - I'm now into my 3rd season and I haven't been able to scout any players for 2 and a half seasons!"

"I'm trying to stay calm here but I've just had the game crash on me mid match for the second time and this time after going on a 7 game unbeaten run. It truly is so infuriating to buy a game and feel as if the thing is broken but that is how I feel. Never mind this major issue, but there are many minor bugs/problems in the game to do with scouting, the pitch representation of matches, an utterly unrealistic transfer system....ughhh

Anyway, regarding the crashing themselves on this occasion it occured on the 79th minute of the game, I had the 2d pitch turned on although it was not during a moment when it was being viewed. Son at that moment, the game freezes, then just turns off after a few seconds (the battery was near fully charged). As far as I can recall this was the same case as when it crashed before.

I'm sorry for the rant but after the money and more importantly time I've invested in playing this thing I'd have hoped for better and I'm beginning to seriously regret my purchase."

"Also you can still get players to sign for you when they say you cant meet their demands by changing from £ sterling to Australian $"

"Just like in FMH2009 , Every time a player is sent off and you appeal , in the league it is dismmissed everytime and in europe it is succesfull every time !"

"Does anyone else feel there was a massive lack of in-house testing again this year?"

"Was the game released to allow the paying public to point out the bugs, which are then ignored anyway?"

"Just got to the CL semi final in my 2nd season. Got to the match of the 1st leg and when ive went to play the game i have 20 players away on international duty"

"FA Cup final on June 2 (which is ridiculous anyway), and half of my first team is unavailable due to internationals on June 9."

"Am I the only one but sometimes in games after I score a goal it freezes and stays like that till it clicks and switches off."

"Don't know if you have spotted this SI but the 3rd placed Champions League group teams don't go into the Europa League like they do in real life."

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/184047-Major-bug-player-attributes

"3. I'm getting 'load fail.' when I try to load this game now, after just one season!"

That's enough evidence to back me up as far as I'm concerned. The fact that nobody official has argued their case against my viewpoint speaks volumes for me, they just don't have enough time to spend on the game so it shouldn't be made.

• SI Staff

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the game - with regards to the issues you mention some of them exist and are very rare and as such problematic to recreate in house (and sometimes can be caused by third-party factors such as cracked OS's etc.) others (such as Joe Hart missing) were missed during QA but are rectifiable by editing the game database (or installing one of the third party database updates).

I can indicate that

"The 2D Pitch is the same as last year had bugs already." - The new PSP game contains all the tweaks and fixes to the 2d which went into the iPhone game (and also some additional ones).

"just seen a good one. My Gk was sent off after i had used my subs and i pressed start before putting another player in goal but thought the game would just put a player in goal but when they came to take the pen I had no GK in goal on the 2d pitch!" - I believe this is rectified, but its so rare I can't swear by it.

"Also you can still get players to sign for you when they say you cant meet their demands by changing from £ sterling to Australian $" - This was rounding related to do with the conversions between currencies and is now rectified (was done as part of the update cycle on the iPhone version.

"I also have the scouting option issue - I'm now into my 3rd season and I haven't been able to scout any players for 2 and a half seasons!" - This has been tracked down and fixed, was related to a player from your club leaving to take a managers job which is why it was so hard to recreate/track down.

"Just like in FMH2009 , Every time a player is sent off and you appeal , in the league it is dismmissed everytime and in europe it is succesfull every time !" - This wasn't the case at all (ie. what you posted simply wasn't true), however I have tuned this side of things somewhat.

"Competition Clashes" - We do our best to rectify and ensure these are avoided, however I hope you can appreciate there are a HUGE number of possible permutations in the game and we don't have the grunt of the PC game to allow us to manually compute everything relentlessly, the ones reported to us last version have been rectified.

Hope this helps,

Marc

"Joe Hart is NOT in the game !"

You can put him in the game.

"Players playing internationals the day of the Champions League final. Again."

I've never had that on FMH2010

"The 2D Pitch is the same as last year had bugs already."

The odd bug yes.

"just seen a good one. My Gk was sent off after i had used my subs and i pressed start before putting another player in goal but thought the game would just put a player in goal but when they came to take the pen I had no GK in goal on the 2d pitch!"

Only had that once.

"I also have the scouting option issue - I'm now into my 3rd season and I haven't been able to scout any players for 2 and a half seasons!"

Never had that problem

"I'm trying to stay calm here but I've just had the game crash on me mid match for the second time and this time after going on a 7 game unbeaten run. It truly is so infuriating to buy a game and feel as if the thing is broken but that is how I feel. Never mind this major issue, but there are many minor bugs/problems in the game to do with scouting, the pitch representation of matches, an utterly unrealistic transfer system....ughhh

Anyway, regarding the crashing themselves on this occasion it occured on the 79th minute of the game, I had the 2d pitch turned on although it was not during a moment when it was being viewed. Son at that moment, the game freezes, then just turns off after a few seconds (the battery was near fully charged). As far as I can recall this was the same case as when it crashed before.

I'm sorry for the rant but after the money and more importantly time I've invested in playing this thing I'd have hoped for better and I'm beginning to seriously regret my purchase."

It might of crashed because you have been on the same save without going to the PSP XMB for a while? All games on the PSP crash if you play them for about 24 hours and don't go back to the home menu.

"Also you can still get players to sign for you when they say you cant meet their demands by changing from £ sterling to Australian $"

Well that is the players fault for "abusing" the glitch seeing as you can control that bug.

"Just like in FMH2009 , Every time a player is sent off and you appeal , in the league it is dismmissed everytime and in europe it is succesfull every time !"

Not true.

"Does anyone else feel there was a massive lack of in-house testing again this year?"

I think enough testing was carried out.

"Was the game released to allow the paying public to point out the bugs, which are then ignored anyway?"

They aren't ignored. Bugs have been fixed when pointed out.

"Just got to the CL semi final in my 2nd season. Got to the match of the 1st leg and when ive went to play the game i have 20 players away on international duty"

Never had that.

"FA Cup final on June 2 (which is ridiculous anyway), and half of my first team is unavailable due to internationals on June 9."

Not had that either.

"Am I the only one but sometimes in games after I score a goal it freezes and stays like that till it clicks and switches off."

That's because you haven't gone to the home menu in a long time as said before.

"Don't know if you have spotted this SI but the 3rd placed Champions League group teams don't go into the Europa League like they do in real life."

Not noticed but could be right. If you tell them then in the bugs thread they might fix it?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/184047-Major-bug-player-attributes

"3. I'm getting 'load fail.' when I try to load this game now, after just one season!"

Never had that.

That's enough evidence to back me up as far as I'm concerned. The fact that nobody official has argued their case against my viewpoint speaks volumes for me, they just don't have enough time to spend on the game so it shouldn't be made.

Every game has bugs and glitches though and you can't say that FMH2010 is the worst because it's not.

Fifa10 and MW2 have about 50 times more than FMH2010 and that's a fact.

FIFA10 and MW2 patch too. You can't judge a game for a few bugs as I know the money in the FMH games isn't inputted in like it is with FM.

Fifa10 don't patch to be fair. I think that they only patched about 5 out of 100 major bugs.

Mind you EA and Activision are greedy and only care about money whereas SEGA/Sigames care a bit more about the customers.

It look good. My only gripe is that it is missing the Blue Square South again.

Any news on when the FMHI is likely to be out?

Nothing confirmed yet - Miles has however said (in an interview with Eurogamer) that 'There is one planned, I just don't know when and we don't have a feature set yet. That's why we haven't announced anything on it.'

'We're still deciding whether we keep it as a pre-Christmas or as a March release, as the first release was. There is a team of people working on a new iPhone game.'

1. The skin is horrible. PLEASE have a skin choice - like the light/dark a few years ago. Maybe 2010/2011?

2. PLEASE allow us to watch most of the game, rather than like 2 shots :(

For those people who like to view the 2D screen, it does seem a bit of a shame that the option doesn’t exist to watch the entire game on 2D, I think it would be better if it was an ‘all or nothing’ scenario with this, because as I understand it the idea of the 2D match view is that you can see how/where your players are when a significant moment occurs in the game. This is fine, but really you need to be able to watch the whole match to see any reoccurring problems (e.g The right back getting done for pace by the winger, or being out of position etc...). Would also be good to see what happens as a result of moving your team to ‘Pressing’, or man marking. Would enable you to see exactly how your tactics are impacting on players positions etc..

That said, I personally prefer the text view and so don’t have the 2D highlights switched on anyway. I’d much rather that the 2D view was gotten rid of, and other functionality added to the game – for example actual stadium pictures as per the old CM series. I don’t understand why these can’t be used anymore, the PC version of the game now has player pictures, so I don’t see why stadium ones should be an issue. For me this is the one (and only) aspect of the FM series that has worsened since the CM days.

It seems as though the 2D view is here to stay though, which I think is a shame if it means that other aspects of the game can't be developed due to lack of space.

can we have confirmation this will be downloadable from the PS store from launch... at a reasonable price (remember last years pricing fiasco?!). Far too many PSP games are being sold on the store at RRP or above when the actual physical copy can be bought, usually, much cheaper... Id love this game to buck the trend. £17.99 PSN download to match online retailer prices please?

Nothing confirmed yet - Miles has however said (in an interview with Eurogamer) that 'There is one planned, I just don't know when and we don't have a feature set yet. That's why we haven't announced anything on it.'

'We're still deciding whether we keep it as a pre-Christmas or as a March release, as the first release was. There is a team of people working on a new iPhone game.'

I hope it is pre-Xmas. I am playing on my Ipod much more than PSP these days.

• 5 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
can we have confirmation this will be downloadable from the PS store from launch... at a reasonable price (remember last years pricing fiasco?!). Far too many PSP games are being sold on the store at RRP or above when the actual physical copy can be bought, usually, much cheaper... Id love this game to buck the trend. £17.99 PSN download to match online retailer prices please?

I'll ask about this - to be frank I haven't got any details on this side of things at present.

• SI Staff
PSP Download release date

I've just been told it will be the Wednesday after we release, ie. 10th November.

This is because Sony only release PSN games on Wednesday's over here, apparently.

(this is a UK/Europe release date I believe - not certain if it holds for the globe or not, when I find out I'll post here)

I've just been told it will be the Wednesday after we release, ie. 10th November.

This is because Sony only release PSN games on Wednesday's over here, apparently.

(this is a UK/Europe release date I believe - not certain if it holds for the globe or not, when I find out I'll post here)

Marc, I cant give examples of the top of my head, but often PSP games due for physical format release on the friday are released on the wednesday as a download...

• SI Staff
are we likely to hear anymore news or have updates on the new game soon?

If you mean Football Manager Handheld 2010 (iPhone) the last update for it was released a while back now and no further ones are scheduled at present, details on the 2011 version will be forthcoming closer to its release.

Archived