Rediculous costs for players

i daresay this has came up before....but i am getting seriously frustrated at the prices clubs want for players.

Tried buying Pato for Man Utd (from AC Milan).....quality player.

Valued at 15.75 million (when starting a new season)....and AC Milan will never accept anything less than £65million for him.

bugs the hell outta me, especially when it is a struggle to even get teams to pay the value price for your own players....is there any way around this?

Same happens for Kim Kallstrom, wesley sneijder, Daniel Alves etc

What do you expect when your trying to buy arguably the best player in that position at that club. Real Madrid wanted Ronaldo and had to pay £80m when in the market at the time he was valued at around £30m. If it wasn't for the debt issue even £80m wouldnt have been accepted.

Stop expecting to get the best players in the world for their value. It wont happen, unless they are transfer listed or you tap them up and make them unhappy and want to leave.

What do you expect when your trying to buy arguably the best player in that position at that club. Real Madrid wanted Ronaldo and had to pay £80m when in the market at the time he was valued at around £30m. If it wasn't for the debt issue even £80m wouldnt have been accepted.

Stop expecting to get the best players in the world for their value. It wont happen, unless they are transfer listed or you tap them up and make them unhappy and want to leave.

i don't really expect to get them for face value. I jsut remember when i was Celtic manager, McGeady was valued at 5.25 million, and the likes of Liverpool kept backing out if i wanted more than £4million. Yet i tried to purchase Graham Dorrans and they wanted £7million. that was about 3x his actual value. it has been the same for any team i have took charge of

it's frustrating

In terms of selling use the asking price option. Set it at a level you would be willing to sell them for and if clubs are interested they will bid somewhere between value & asking price.

In terms of buying lower your expectations, if a player is under contract & happy you will get quoted higher prices. Either accept that or put some effort in to get the player you want.

i don't really expect to get them for face value. I jsut remember when i was Celtic manager, McGeady was valued at 5.25 million, and the likes of Liverpool kept backing out if i wanted more than £4million. Yet i tried to purchase Graham Dorrans and they wanted £7million. that was about 3x his actual value. it has been the same for any team i have took charge of

it's frustrating

Thats the thing though, even IRL, if Liverpool bid for a Celtic player and Celtic refused, im guessing most players would be annoyed that they have rejected it so this unsettles the player. Then eventually Celtic would accept because the player will want to leave.

Now say your Man Utd and you bid for Sneijder and Inter reject it, unless Sneijder really wants to join you, he's not going to be bothered. Man Utd can offer no more than Inter can in terms of wages, higher standard of football and so on.

Also if your a bigger team after a player, a smaller club will push the price up to try and get more money out of you. You need to unsettle the player first.

I'm more frustrated of the low price sometimes other teams have to pay for a player when they ask me to cough up 5 times as much.

I know those teams sometimes have better reputation then mine but it's a tat unrealistic when they accept a offer for 8 million from 10 other teams and they refuse the same offer from me on the same day and instead asking me a ridiculous amount more.

I really hope FM11 will improve on that part.

Sometimes the fees are crazy. I can understand the examples quoted in the OP though. It's when a good left back at a medium-large sized club costs £60m that I worry- I've been quoted that for the left backs at Fiorentina, Valencia, Sevilla and some slightly smaller clubs (precisely which ones slip my mind). A left back of similar ability (Kolorov) cost £18m this summer. Even if such clubs simply don't want to sell, like I wouldn't in their situation,you'd hope they'd accept reasonable offers.

Archived