Graphics Question.

I'm considering purchasing a laptop, and obviously my ability to play Football Manager 2010 to a decent standard will influence my decicion. I'm currently considering a Toshiba Satellite C650D-12J. It has an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card. I've heard that integrated graphics hamper gameplay. Is this enough to run Football Manager 2010? Will the 3D match engine run smoothly? Will the game itself run smoothly?

Unfortunately I don't have a fantastic answer to your questions, but I'd just like to point out that you should be aiming for FM11 really. I would assume that any "new" laptop would be more than capable of dealing with either of the titles. No doubt someone else can give you a more detailed assessment :)

I would agree that any new laptop would be able to handle the graphics side of things such as the 3D match action.

The main thing that slows down the game is processing time due the amount of leagues activated and the subsequent size of database used. With that in mind, you'll want to look at CPU speeds and amount of RAM too.

The laptop you linked to should run FM11 just fine I think. Depending on how much money you have I would suggest something with a better processor though. I think you should look to get one with a core3i as a minimum but thats just my opinion.

Archived