Scottish Lower League

Hey I'm looking to sort of do a Brian Clough challenge based in the Scottish Leagues, that would entail starting as a low division club, moving to a division 1 club then gaining promotion there and winning the spl. Then back to division 1 earning promotion winning SPL then winning in europe.

A tough challenge. What clubs would you reccommend starting as? Hopefully somewhere where I can do well enough to attract the interest of the relegated SPL teams?

Yeah Livi are the team on the up. East Stuirling have always been useless and have just come into some success. And yes Hampden Park.

Do any of these teams give you any starting money? Just a little to bring in a new face or two?

Free transfers are always gonna be your priority in that division.

Gone for Livingston.

First thing I noticed was our squad of 14! The second thing was that we are £150 over our wage budget. Good job I'm only here for the single season.

Currently raiding the Celtic youth team :D Should have a solid core team soon.

Sounds like it will be a tough season though, you really need to get some more players in to add squad depth, good luck.

Gone for Livingston.

First thing I noticed was our squad of 14! The second thing was that we are £150 over our wage budget. Good job I'm only here for the single season.

Currently raiding the Celtic youth team :D Should have a solid core team soon.

would recommend doin same at rangers, jamie ness, andrew shinnie and grant adam would be great at that level

Livingston would be the obvious choice.

But I would go for East Stirlingshire personally, cos I like the name.

Queens Park if you would like a bit of old-fashioned tradition and a good (but generally empty) stadium.

Queens Park is about the worst club you could choose because you will not be able to take them anywhere. They will NEVER become a professional club.

Their motto is Ludere Causa Ludendi - to play for the sake of playing.

Scottish lower league is very tough.

if your the kind of person who just throws on a 4-4-2 and leaves it at that each game your going to find that you'll get beat more often than not.

Previous games when i have went Airdrie i done just that, and always got relegated. I tried starting a brand new season, dumped all the rubbish from the youth team to create wages, and altered my formation and alter the hell out of my team instructions for every single game. Very time consuming. It's always handy to check your assistants report as the game is going on, as the quality of players you have means you have to keep changing your tempo and crossing and passing etc regularly.

I am 4 games into the season, sitting 3rd and beat Inverness and managed a draw with Aberdeen....amazing what a bit of time and care will do for you.

Previous seasons Inverness usually make mince meat of my Airdrie Team.

Also getting parent clubs is important for scottish lower league teams

Queens Park is about the worst club you could choose because you will not be able to take them anywhere. They will NEVER become a professional club.

Their motto is Ludere Causa Ludendi - to play for the sake of playing.

If you read the original post again, you'll notice that his aim was not to "take them anywhere".

Scottish lower league is very tough.

if your the kind of person who just throws on a 4-4-2 and leaves it at that each game your going to find that you'll get beat more often than not.

Previous games when i have went Airdrie i done just that, and always got relegated. I tried starting a brand new season, dumped all the rubbish from the youth team to create wages, and altered my formation and alter the hell out of my team instructions for every single game. Very time consuming. It's always handy to check your assistants report as the game is going on, as the quality of players you have means you have to keep changing your tempo and crossing and passing etc regularly.

I am 4 games into the season, sitting 3rd and beat Inverness and managed a draw with Aberdeen....amazing what a bit of time and care will do for you.

Previous seasons Inverness usually make mince meat of my Airdrie Team.

Also getting parent clubs is important for scottish lower league teams

I done that and I finished 2nd with Airdrie in the 1st season ? its easy if you get the right loans in, but your right Inverness are the best team in the Scottish 1st Division by far

Archived