Help my team please!

I'm currently managing Birmingham City in the 2010/11 close season. We stayed up last season by beating Sunderland 3-2 on the final day and I have this team:

[ Hart

Carr Johnson Ridgewell N'zogbia

Bowyer Ferguson Jenas Petrov

Jerome Inzaghi

I play a rigid, defensive way and don't concede many goals but I can't seem to score either! Please help!

Do you mix-up your style of play during games?

I change the way I play depending on many things, such as the weather, or the way my players are behaving.

ie. is it gusty? pass to feet

are your players taking too many long range shots? work ball into box

Do you mix-up your style of play during games?

I change the way I play depending on many things, such as the weather, or the way my players are behaving.

ie. is it gusty? pass to feet

are your players taking too many long range shots? work ball into box

Yeah I try to but then my players seem to lose focus because they aren't used to playing that way. I won six games last season and I think that they were all in good weather so maybe that has something to do with it?

Tbh every formation that I try seems to have the same outcome; we play well but end up losing cos of fatigue in the last ten. I lost to arsenal 3-1 and I was 1-0 up until the 82nd minute. Any ideas on how to stop that?

your team is okay, but i can see why you had a final day battle for survival, what id advise you do is find an AML and AMR and an ST.

If you are correct about your defence being pretty solid theres no need to change them just yet,

Therefore, buying your Attacking Midfielders (right n Left) you will need to look for someone with speed and accelaration and a reasonable crossing ability. This is so that you can play good counter attacking football and have some good pacey players to break with resulting in goal scoring opportunitys. Once you have found two pacey wingers you willl need...

... A dominant Striker, Cameron Jerome is okay and would be a good poacher, although inzaghi must be getting old and you should probably look at replacing him or using him as an impact sub. Therefore you will need a striker with good first touch, finishing, heading accelartion and strength. You do not need all of these attributes to be excellent, but those are the ones you should be looking at when finding a striker.

With a Premier League transfer budget you should be able to find some good players like this.

Recommendations:

James Rodriquez (Colombian)

Adriano (Brazillian, begins at Flamengo)

Jimmy Kebe (Reading)

Macheda (Man Utd)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (bargain if city are getting bored of him)

Kevin Doyle (Wolves)

Matt Jarvis (Wolves)

Simon Vukcevic (Sporting CP)

Miguel Veloso (Sporting CP)

Archived