Will my players have to gel?

Usually it can take a while. I got Grimsby promoted in the first season and signed about 11 new players, we were inconsistant for the first few months of the season, then we started to gel won JPT an just missed out on playoffs. So it does'nt always take a full season, but replacing a whole squad may take quite a while. If you do have a poor season I'd give your players another chance before selling them all again.

It takes around 10 -15 games for a team to gel I have read somewhere but the more players you buy the longer the it will take as you will be constantly introducing new players into your starting lineups giving the squad no consistency to begin gelling. Just look at Man City and Real Madrid for real life examples it takes time and the more you have the more egos you need to satisfy week in week out!

The need to gel doesn't mean you'll lose a lot, so you can still win promotion if your players are simply superior to the others in the league. It should just take a little while until they all reach their full potential as a team.

This is in the Blue Square South with Basingstoke... sold all my players and staff, rebuilt the squad completely, sitting in 2nd place atm after 24 games.

The results started off average but now we are crushing teams 5-0, 4-1, 3-0... truly unstoppable atm. I think it works better in lower divisions and I definately wouldnt try it in anything above BSP.

Archived