Transfer listed by request; how to get them off?

I'm currently in December 2013, with my Leeds side, we won promotion to the Premiership in season two, courtesy of 33 goals in 38 matches from Matias Defederico, he then scored 21 in 38 in the Premiership followed by an awful season resutling in 2 goals from 22 appearances, in this season, he was linked to the creame of Europe, such as Real Madrid, he became upset and must have requested a transfer, I don't recall him doing it, but I 'can't get him off the list. He's now determined to prove his worth to the team, and despite me praising him in the media, him being listed as 'Indispensable to the club' I can't get him to sign a new contract, or get him off the list. His contract is up at the end of this season.

My Leeds team have always struggled in the two seasons we've graced the Premiership - 17th and 16th, season two being the great escape, this season we're 6th from 14 games, Matias has 8 goals from 13 league appearances, I'm desperate for him to stay, how can I get him to withdraw his request, his morale is also superb.

Thus you should be careful to grant any such request. If you want to be able to get a player off the list, you can list him yourself in the common manner when he demands a transfer as opposed to grant him the request. Then you take him off again whenever you want.

I'm currently in December 2013, with my Leeds side, we won promotion to the Premiership in season two, courtesy of 33 goals in 38 matches from Matias Defederico, he then scored 21 in 38 in the Premiership followed by an awful season resutling in 2 goals from 22 appearances, in this season, he was linked to the creame of Europe, such as Real Madrid, he became upset and must have requested a transfer, I don't recall him doing it, but I 'can't get him off the list. He's now determined to prove his worth to the team, and despite me praising him in the media, him being listed as 'Indispensable to the club' I can't get him to sign a new contract, or get him off the list. His contract is up at the end of this season.

My Leeds team have always struggled in the two seasons we've graced the Premiership - 17th and 16th, season two being the great escape, this season we're 6th from 14 games, Matias has 8 goals from 13 league appearances, I'm desperate for him to stay, how can I get him to withdraw his request, his morale is also superb.

Like other have said, you cannot remove him from the list until he requests to be taken off. What I'd do is keep playing him, praise him a lot in the media and in team talks. This will hopefully make him change his mind.

• 3 months later...
I've had this problem with Younes Kaboul, I just put the asking price at £20m and never had a problem with it again. Personally I think this is a stupid rule in the game as it's up to the manager not the player as to who is on the list.

Yes, it is up to the manager. The manager made the decision to tranfer-list the player when the player asked. That's all the player did, anyway. Ask. The manager could have said "No." And lived with the consequences.

It's not just "in the game", either....happens often enough in real life, too.

Archived