Gimme some 'Different' ideas for a new save!

Hi all, I have 3 different saves going on atm but I'm getting bored of them, and need some ideas on a new one to start.

The ones I have atm:

- A journeyman save where I started out in an obscure European country (currently winning everything with Liverpool)

- Dafuge's challenge

- Cildania challenge (custom database)

I don't really want a save where I'm constantly buying players I've never heard of, but I want one a bit different from the 'take over PL/ La Liga/ Serie A team and win everything' game. Any ideas?

Thanks! :D

im currently in a game where i have loaded all the CONMEBOL nations and attempting to win the Copa Libetadores with a team from each nation, have won 2 so far with a team from Argentina and Brazil (thought id do the easy ones first) i am currently in Peru.

I made it a bit harder by only taking over a team that had not qualified for it the year before so i had to qualify and win with every team, but sometimes it took a whole season for a job to come up.

If you took over some larger South American teams youd be able to 'sign players you have heard of'

Start a game with arsenal; one rule: only buy players under 18/19. (and sell all +20 players at the start of the game)

Start a game with Milan: one rule: Only buy players above 30. (and sell all -29 players at the start of the game)

The Milan game is very, very difficult, because you cant sell players after 2 seasons, Players decline in value and stats!

One of the saves I keep going back to is one where I stay at a club no more than two years. Keeps it interesting and forces you to adopt more of a "real life" policy, where you fix the squad as is, not sign a bunch of wonderkids.

I've said it before, but I'm a huge fan of playing as Athletic Bilbao. It's a great test, as you can't just buy all the top players.

I agree with the Bilbao one, the choice of players is pretty limited, there are only a few world class Basque players: Xabi Alonso and Arteta I think. Muniain becomes one but he's far from the finished article at the start of the game.

Otherwise, set yourself a challenge like only buying players that start with the letter M for example, or you can only have players aged between 18 and 22, or an all English team, only get players on a free... There are plenty of challenges if you think about it

This is quite good fun. Perhaps you could start with a big club like Arsenal or Barcelona and just not buy any players at all.

Too easy. :p

I'd say to pick a weaker club, albiet one with good youth facilities, and never buy anyone. Keep the existing team, but when they leave for whatever reason, replace them with players from your youth team. See how far you can go :)

Maybe for you, but it is quite a challenge for me. I find it quite hard watching the club go backwards while the experienced stars are replaced with youth prospects.

Maybe, but clubs like Arsenal have enough quality in their youth to keep them going for some time. Maybe not quite as good as their current first teams, but not so much worse that they'll collapse, and on top of that, many of their first team are young so won't need replacing anytime soon. Hence why, to me, it's more interesting to pick someone else.

Maybe, but clubs like Arsenal have enough quality in their youth to keep them going for some time. Maybe not quite as good as their current first teams, but not so much worse that they'll collapse, and on top of that, many of their first team are young so won't need replacing anytime soon. Hence why, to me, it's more interesting to pick someone else.

Yes but tbh if you don't see how the winning everything is going to come it's quite a nice challenge. dafuge is right. There is still a challenge in just having youth products for any team

I'm enjoying a game as Athletic Bilbao (currently pushing for 1st place in season 5, but think I will fall short). Only allowed to sign Basque players, to make it even more difficult, there are teams in Spanish lower divisions with the same rules....

Archived