Harmony

I've been in this situation, just perform well and the players will be happy, this only happens if they think you're underachieving

This, it happended to me and i got a good extended run going climbed the table had a good run in Europe and the players gained confidence in me and were generally happy.

Also heap extra praise on players when they do well, always helps their confidence as well.

I've been in this situation, just perform well and the players will be happy, this only happens if they think you're underachieving

False.

I perform great most of the time, I win the premier league every year and the champion's cup quite often and my players still complain about harmony. And I do not sell players frequently.

At the same time, most of my players has me listed in their favorite people.

If anything the harmony might have to do with the fact that my assistant attends the press conferences and does not always gives the answer that will please the players.

When players complain about lack of harmony it is usually to do with problems other players have. Go through your whole squad and find any player who has any concern (lack of first team football, disliking someone etc). Fix these problems and the players should stop complaining.

When players complain about lack of harmony it is usually to do with problems other players have. Go through your whole squad and find any player who has any concern (lack of first team football, disliking someone etc). Fix these problems and the players should stop complaining.

now that's more likely since I always have 2 or 3 players who don't get much playing time .

Sell players you don't need, and think twice when buying more (do I really need him? Is there going to be too much competition? etc.). Avoid too long contracts for rotation/backup players. Try to keep your first team small enough so that everyone gets to play at least 15-20 games in a season (My best 17+ youngsters tend to play in 20-30 matches a season, most of them usually as a substitute of course). Players aged over 20 will often start to complain if they are stuck in the reserves for long periods, which destroys team harmony very fast. I follow a simple rule: only two first team players per position + a decent youngster for most important positions (goalkeeper, centre backs, midfielders, forwards). With cups there should be enough matches to play every first team player in about 30 matches or so. Don't be afraid to rotate tired players, even if your second option isn't as good. The season is long, especially in English lower leagues.

Good harmony and gelling helps with bad streaks, morale keeps up way easier when everyone gets to play and is happy in general. :)

I know how to fix this issue. I had my harmony drop to 30%.It relates the moral of your players, if there is one or more on Very poor. You need to play them in a game or fix their moral. When I did this it went straight back up to 78% after one game. It is because these players are casuing a problem throughout the whole team.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever saw on FM was about 6 odd years ago. It is sometimes better just to release a player and lose the money than have them causing problems. I have no issue paying out a large amnount to ditch a pain.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever saw on FM was about 6 odd years ago. It is sometimes better just to release a player and lose the money than have them causing problems. I have no issue paying out a large amnount to ditch a pain.

This is how I manage my squad. I try to keep it small enough to rotate everyone and never hold on to an unhappy player for too long.

Archived