Gone back to 08 for now..

As i couldn't get into any game on FM10 with so little time til 11 I decided to go back to one of my saved games on FM08. I restarted the save of my Arsenal career in 2013-2014 season and had a brief look, Bolton were challenging for a Champions League place after being taken over by a tycoon, Liverpool hadnt finished in the top 4 on the game once, and Sunderland and Villa had both been in the Champions League.

I then carried the season on til the end, winning the league and league cup with Arsenal, and losing the FA Cup Final and Champions League Semi Final to Man United, who shockingly enough lost it to Villa 3-2 AET in the final, who by the way knocked Real Madrid and Bayern Munich out on the way! Also Plymouth Argyle had been taken over by a tycoon, and won the championship by a mile, signing Denilson from me, and Kaka for the new premier league season, I found it amazing to see how much the "footballing world" had changed in a 6 year spell.

I'm also England manager, about to face Argentina in the 2014 World Cup Semi Final. playing against my superstar Messi, but with my superstars of Steven Taylor, Walcott, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart, all from my Arsenal side (I would have Luke Freeman, but a injury towards the end of the season ruled him out unfortunatlely).

Just thought Id share this with you all. Thanks for reading, please reply!

Aston Villa winning the Champions League isn't that shocking to me, they just won it and I'm in 2013, knocking out Bordeaux, Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid on the way in order without buying a big name player, this was their starting XI in the final

GK: Asmir Begovic (bought for £1.9M from Portsmouth)

RB: Carlos Cuellar

CB: Curtis Davies

CB: James Collins

LB: Filipe (bought for £6M from Arsenal who got him for £6.25M for Deportivo)

RM: Stefano Guberti (bought for 9.25M from Shakhtar)

LM: Ashley Young

CM: Nigel Reo-Coker

CM: Steve Sidwell

ST: Adrian (bought for £1.7M from Villarreal)

ST: Gabby Agbonlahor

Stephen Warnock and Nathan Baker made sub appearances

Archived