Monthly Installments

Apologies if a similar thread already exists I could not find it.

Do you guys regularly use the monthly installment in order to buy players?

After various games with lower league teams in different countries, I just wanted a bit of a change and played with Man City. I spent £25M on Mexes, £37M on Reina and almost £60M on de Rossi using the 48 months installments (something I have never really used before) and was still left with around £20M in the bank. I've only played about 6 months of the first season with Man City and got kind of bored so I am playing with PSG (my team) a second time round.

It's working really well and I am getting towards the end of the first season. I was given £15M in November that I haven't spent. I already had around £5M from sales of previous players at the start of the season and will obviously get another load (I'd imagine £10M, maybe more depending on end of season results) and have quite a rebuilding job to do on the squad (No Europe in the first season and quite an old squad).

I have a few targets in mind (Diego Renan, Corchia, Sandro or Sissoko) and I am thinking of using that method of payment again. Is there any long term effect with this policy? Like suddenly all the money disappears from the bak because you owe it to other clubs?

Thanks for the help

Totally unrelated to what you said, but you can get De Rossi for £35m, you overspent by nearly double.

This really is a General Discussion topic if I am being honest, try posting in there.. I am sure you will get a lot more responses than you would here.

--

Aslong as you are winning titles and bringing in money from sales, it shouldn't be a problem in the long term (and if your wage bill isn't too big!).

But if you lack trophies, titles and any sort of prize money (or TV money) you could lose your job due to 'poor handling of the finances' or something similar.

With someone like Man City, they have a chairmen that doesn't care about finances and everytime you go into the red, he will pump a good £60m in to the club to keep in afloat.

I don't know what the chairmen of PSG is like, so I cannot comment there.

i use it a lot tbh. its an easy way to build a decent side. but i dont spend over board on players. i look for a player thats cheap and will work for my team. for example im bolton currently and start of the first season i offloaded £42m worth of players and signed £24m. i sold a few players for payments over 48 months and some all upfront and did this with buying players as well. i was making a profit pretty much every month. it works if you can spread the payments out when your either buying or selling but like Tyoldinho said if you can do well in competitions you should be ok.

Totally unrelated to what you said, but you can get De Rossi for £35m, you overspent by nearly double.

This really is a General Discussion topic if I am being honest, try posting in there.. I am sure you will get a lot more responses than you would here.

--

Aslong as you are winning titles and bringing in money from sales, it shouldn't be a problem in the long term (and if your wage bill isn't too big!).

But if you lack trophies, titles and any sort of prize money (or TV money) you could lose your job due to 'poor handling of the finances' or something similar.

With someone like Man City, they have a chairmen that doesn't care about finances and everytime you go into the red, he will pump a good £60m in to the club to keep in afloat.

I don't know what the chairmen of PSG is like, so I cannot comment there.

Ty - not wishing to disagree, but I have to, when and how have you got De Rossi for £35m? The lowest I've ever had accepted was £50m.

i always use the monthly installment options. they save ur budget... worked wonders for me on my monaco save, sold nearly my whole squad and brought in french stars 2 bolster... ended up getting feghouli and afra (montpellier right winger) for a combined 20mil over 48 months... was a good investment and the destroyed ligue 1 and the champs league for years

Ty - not wishing to disagree, but I have to, when and how have you got De Rossi for £35m? The lowest I've ever had accepted was £50m.

Man City - First season, £35m.

All over 48 months.

I am hoping that you trust me, as I only have one save left after deleting them all - and that is Newcastle.

Man City - First season, £35m.

All over 48 months.

I am hoping that you trust me, as I only have one save left after deleting them all - and that is Newcastle.

Course I trust you dude. You're a proper Fm'er, no need for proof from you mate. Anyway, as I said above:

I'm obviously just crap at negotiating then :(

I wasn't trying very hard in my Man City save, my plan was to play it for a couple of season but got bored of it very quickly. if I had taken it more seriously, I maybe would have tried to negotiate a bit harder.

To come back to my PSG save, if I carry on like I do (only have about 5 or 6 games left), I should finish in the top 2 so will qualify directly for the Champions League and get some decent TV money for finishing up there. As I mentioned above, I imagine I should get around £30M in transfer money (maybe more) then I am planning on selling a few players. So I should get around £40-45M but I do have quite a rebuilding job to do. To have a competitive squad for Ligue 1 and CL, I definitely need a GK, DL, DC, DM, MC, and AML and maybe an extra DC and MC.

I already have Dodo (DL) coming for £3.6M, Feghouli (AMRC) and N'Koulou (DC) on frees. So I need to spend money on (hopefully) quality GK, DM, MC and AML.

I am not planning on overspending, and as you can see my signings are quite young, so I will need all of my kitty to buy these quality established players that will take my team to a different level.

Obviously I know that I need to win trophies and therefore TV and prize money... but my main question was would that policy come and bite me in the ar*e in a few years time?

I wasn't trying very hard in my Man City save, my plan was to play it for a couple of season but got bored of it very quickly. if I had taken it more seriously, I maybe would have tried to negotiate a bit harder.

To come back to my PSG save, if I carry on like I do (only have about 5 or 6 games left), I should finish in the top 2 so will qualify directly for the Champions League and get some decent TV money for finishing up there. As I mentioned above, I imagine I should get around £30M in transfer money (maybe more) then I am planning on selling a few players. So I should get around £40-45M but I do have quite a rebuilding job to do. To have a competitive squad for Ligue 1 and CL, I definitely need a GK, DL, DC, DM, MC, and AML and maybe an extra DC and MC.

I already have Dodo (DL) coming for £3.6M, Feghouli (AMRC) and N'Koulou (DC) on frees. So I need to spend money on (hopefully) quality GK, DM, MC and AML.

I am not planning on overspending, and as you can see my signings are quite young, so I will need all of my kitty to buy these quality established players that will take my team to a different level.

Obviously I know that I need to win trophies and therefore TV and prize money... but my main question was would that policy come and bite me in the ar*e in a few years time?

you spent £3.6m on dodo. i got him for £1.5m for my bolton team. quality keeper if he hasnt moved Guillermo Ochoa

This really is a General Discussion topic if I am being honest, try posting in there..

Apart from all the player naming :eek:

Anyway, I usually pay for players with cash up front and sell them with monthly installements. It is probably the opposite to most people but I find it is the best for my finances in the long term. It is amazing how much more you can get for your players when you accept the payment over 4 years.

48 month option is realistic thats how the clubs do it(APART FROM MAN CITY ANYWAY!!!!)

I use it a lot to get players I am sort of desperate for............but it can come back to bite you if you overstretch I would imagine....putting several players on over the odds deals

the strange thing is I have had a cash offer of £20m turned down...but the same amount over 48 months accepted

Archived