FM 2010 suddenly really slow.

hey guys. ive been playing a pretty long FM game for me i reached my 4th season with southampton and left them to join Rangers, i got 3 games into the season and iit suddenly went unberably slow, taking 10-30 seconds just to go into the inbox page from my squad page, it got to the point where i decided to start a new game as i still wanted to play but i obviously couldnt anymore, so i started a new game as Sunderland but it was still really slow, taking a bit more if not longer to change pages. i used to listen to music, run AVG scans and search the internet all while playing FM and i tried to just run FM but it was still running really slowly, i have tried to uninstall FM and reinstall it with no luck, i have also lowered the amount of leagues and gone from a large database to a smaller one and it still takes a long time.

My laptop is Windows Vista has 146GB free of 222GB's so im really at a loss to why it has suddenly gone really slow.

it has ruined my enjoyment of the game that i have played for many years, and has also made my very worried that i wont be able to play FM 2011 on this laptop, has anyone got any ideas,

thanks!

At a certain point the game will increase in size a lot and thus takes much more specs. Maybe that has happened.

Alternatively one of your RAM modules might be broken.

i forgot to mention that i have also deleted my previous saves and other add ons.

how do i check if i ram modules are working? there hasnt been a problem with anything else on my laptop.

I had this exact issue, i had to remove all folders from Start --> [uSERNAME] --> App Data --> Roaming --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2010.

Resolved the issue straight away

I had this exact issue, i had to remove all folders from Start --> [uSERNAME] --> App Data --> Roaming --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2010.

Resolved the issue straight away

I am using Steam and Vista will this trick work? also will it still be a problem in future versions if i dont do this as i have got very anoyed with it i am considering stopping playing untill the next

Archived