Regen managers

Is it my game or 99% of the regen managers are crap and have as preffered formation quaint setups like 5-3-2, 3-5-2, or 3-4-3.I didn`t find a single one that has 4-2-3-1 ,4-3-3 ,4-4-1-1, 4-3-1-2 or some common sense formation.It might be the trend in the future to use 5-3-2 but now it seems higly unlikely.

And it`s one of the issues of a long term game.The lack of a challenge in form of competent regen managers makes the game very dull.

my theory is that newgen managers dont' come into the game with a preferred formation, so when they take over at a club, they play whatever formation they think will suit the team, and that becomes their preferred formation. so managers who start their careers at crap teams will play super-defensive formations like 5-3-2.

it's probably not universally true, but I have seen regen (and former player) managers at top clubs playing normal formations. Cristian Chivu at Shakhtar plays 4-4-2, the regen manager of Brazil plays 4-4-2, Cedric van der Gun plays 4-3-3 with AZ Alkmaar, Shefki Kuqi plays 4-4-2 with Finland... the problem is, naturally the vast majority of managers start at teams below the top level, so they come into the game playing 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 or whatever.

that's just a theory though... I could be making it up.

The managers that have a certain formation as preffered tend to keep it in most games.What i cannot understand is why 3-5-2, 5-3-2 or 3-4-3 is so common in regen managers instead of 4-2-3-1 or other setups that use four at the back other than 4-4-2.

The managers that have a certain formation as preffered tend to keep it in most games.What i cannot understand is why 3-5-2, 5-3-2 or 3-4-3 is so common in regen managers instead of 4-2-3-1 or other setups that use four at the back other than 4-4-2.

Here im posting some screens with various regen managers from top leagues in Europe that play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 or some bad managers that are appointed at top teams.Even the Brazil manager plays 3-4-3.

regen1.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

regen2.png

regen3.png

regen4.png

• 2 months later...

The problem has more to do with their stats being awful.

Alves has a tactical knowledge of 5. Blue Square managers in the original database have more tactical knowledge than that. In addition to that there are hidden managerial-only stats which are bad at all levels. All of this adds up to the human player having a much easier game if he holidays for ~20 years. I don't think the formations effect gameplay nearly as much as the fact that the game does not create elite managers.

Archived