Final League Position Rewards

It's branding. The EPL is much more well known around the world than any other league, and has more TV deals than any other league (for example, tiny Singapore alone cut a $400 million deal to broadcast EPL here for the next three seasons :rolleyes:).This money goes to the clubs eventually.

I already know this, I'm just saying it isn't fair

It is. People all over the world are interested in watching the big leagues with the best players. That's why they get more money from TV for the rights to broadcast the matches.

Leagues which are less good attract less interest and thus less money. The same is true for leagues from smaller countries. Less people to who watch them equal less money to be made from commercials and payTV subscribers and consequently a lower value of the TV rights.

Having looked at the prize money for the whole premier league, I've just noticed that even 19th in the Prem gets a better reward. This is actually quite amusing because I don't think West Brom (who came 19th in the Premier League) would stand any chance of beating me. I guess this is part of the challenge.

To support what others said:

I am living in Japan, and paid channels like satellite/cable TV has pretty good -sometimes LIVE- coverage of English Premiere League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A etc. but never Türkiye.

And 100s of TV channels in dozens of countries paying hefty amount of money to get the coverage.

So, it is fair because it is happening in real life.

Unless you have a real life proof that 5th finish in Turkcell Süper Lig will get you more money than £1.5M :)

Archived