Transfer income - where does it go too?

I'm managing a club that's in financial trouble (North Queensland Fury), and I decided to sell a 30-year-old player (Shane Stefanutto) who I could get a lot of money for.

I sealed the deal for $1.3 million and was waiting for that to come through when the transfer window arrived - July 1st - but it didn't happen. There was a trickle of money coming in from players sold, but I couldn't figure out exactly how to relate it to Stefanutto and the other two players.

So I check my club's information page and I see this: '10% of transfer revenue made available'.

Does that mean that 90% of the money was lost?

Or does the board take it and use it to marginally improve the club's financial situation?

The 10% just means that you get to spend 10% of the money from the transfer on transfers yourself. So you should have gotten something like $130k more in your own transfer budget.

As for the money not showing. Was the transfer a "over x months" sort of deal by any chance? You can check this by going on the "Transfers" tab and then the "Clauses" under it. For instance in my Rosenborg save it says "RC Lens owe another £130K p/m for the next 6 months" because I sold them a player with the option of paying over 36 months.

Archived