What next?

People talk about and ask if Fm should have difficulty levels, Starting with a rich club as apposed to a small club lower down is obviously a complete different challenge..

Also a good knowledge of players in general could help a manager on FM..

However long it may take each idividual, once they get to the top and have there club winning and competeing with the very best each season the game is almost fool proof unless you become icompotent.. yet a again knowledge of good players around and regens in conjunction with poor AI squad development and regen reproduction etc.. what Next? where do you go from here in a long term game..? even starting again at a low level will result in the same outcome eventually.. Some times the need to start a new game all over again is needed but with a knowledge of which players turn out to be super stars yet again gives us a head start. and there are the save game editors.

What do most people do to keep there enjoyment levels up..?

People talk about and ask if Fm should have difficulty levels' date=' Starting with a rich club as apposed to a small club lower down is obviously a complete different challenge..

Also a good knowledge of players in general could help a manager on FM..

However long it may take each idividual, once they get to the top and have there club winning and competeing with the very best each season the game is almost fool proof unless you become icompotent.. yet a again knowledge of good players around and regens in conjunction with poor AI squad development and regen reproduction etc.. what Next? where do you go from here in a long term game..? even starting again at a low level will result in the same outcome eventually.. Some times the need to start a new game all over again is needed but with a knowledge of which players turn out to be super stars yet again gives us a head start. and there are the save game editors.

What do most people do to keep there enjoyment levels up..?[/quote']

Basically my target is this

Dafuge Challenge-Take a team that was previously unplayable in the first season to champions league and premier league glory, winning all the trophys at least once.

FM10 Small Club To Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge-Same as dafuge but in another big country e.g. germany france spain portugal etc

Gundo's FM10 European Adventure Challenge- Same as previous two but this is probably hardest challenge as you have to manage a team in countries like greece and russia etc.

San Marino Double Challenge-Basically you have to get the club san marino from where they are at the moment to champions league glory etc. So just like the previous challenges. However after you finish that you have to take charge of the san marino national team and get them to qualify for a major tournament and win it. This is probably unlikely to be finished. But it's fun to try

So basically there is a lot to do in FM. Just people seem to think it's all england. I probably won't finish all of these challenges by fm11 but I'll still continue with fm10 a little bit even after fm11 is out so I can see how far i can get.

I'm currently doing the San Marino double one, finished 10th in the Serie A, almost getting European football now..

have you tried the other challenges ? and have you ever considered managing in north/south america asia or south africa ? There's a lot of possibilities :D Of course you need to make the charge towards european champions league glory :D

If you're really bored playing around with the editor can be fun.

For instance add your entire family or all your friends as managers. Put them all in charge of clubs in the same division. Give them all different attributes that you feel relate to them in real life. Then go play against them. See what kind of relationship you can get towards each of them. See who gets the sack first. Etc.

Try to completely destroy the club you hate the most in real life. Give all their players horrible mental (hidden) attributes. Like 20 dirtiness, 20 injury proneness, 20 controversy, 1 temperament, 1 professionalism, 1 sportsmanship, 1 consistency and 1 important matches. Make sure you edit their chairman as well. Make him a complete idiot. And put their training grounds and youth facilities to 1 as well and lower their stadium to like 1000 or something and give them a expected attendance of 1. Oh and add a huge debt of some sort.

I'm sure you get the idea. :D

Ofc you can use the editor to make some more realistic scenarios as well. And check out the "challenges" forum, there's usually tons of ideas there. Some from there have been mentioned here already.

What id tho for what ever reason your home bread to stick to your domestic nation..? I left Norwich after 14 years winning every thing accept the Prem title but did finish 2nd in my last season and in all honesty i should have won it but a home draw cost me the league by 1 point to Arsenal..

Now managing in Spain with Real Madrid and in with a shout of winning the La Liga but probably wont as Villareal has only lost once in 60 games and went 45 games unbeat sit top of the League by 8 points now with 28 games played..

Allready i want to return to England and keep looking out for jobs.. in all honesty i want the Arsenal or Liverpool job..

Ok I re-read the first post cause I think I missed all of it except the "what do you do to keep it fun" part.

You make 2 points about new games not being fun :

1. Knowledge of which players turn out to be super stars. FIX: Un-tick "use real players" when you make your new game. You'll have no idea who's the next super star. Oh and just to make it even more interesting make sure you tick the "use attribute masking" to.

2. Save game editors. FIX: Don't use them. And while you're at it don't use any other external tool either. You can't say the game is boring because you have the option of cheating. It's your own choice to use these or not.

If you do this you'll have no choice but to start using the in-game scouting system to find out who's good and who's not. And it's actually lots of fun, at least to me. I love reading scouting reports. Although there's still lots of stuff I'd love to have added to the scouting system it's actually pretty good now.

You could be right about using the FOG but i wonder if Ai teams get an advantage, they alwasy seem to have a top class replacment lined up for when they sell a player it's like a domino effect.. as for unticking the use real players, i guess when starting a new game it's nice to have some real life players just to make the game seem real, i guess after 10 years it wouldn't really matter.

Iv only played 15 season's on FM10 and between now and when FM11 is released im wondering how many more season's i will actually clock up as the tempt tation may well be to ditch 10 and go with 11

Why don't you try not looking up players you already know, Just use your club staff to find players. IE scouts, Ass Man. This way you will not find that rare African Gem that plays for Back water united but you will only find players that are relevant to your current club!

I keep on moving clubs if I get bored at the current club. I have to say though that I do not have enough time to achieve everything with everyone ineviatably, so the no more challenge situation is one which I may be entering for the first time now on FM10.

More generally, I have created two league-merging editor files which add two interesting leagues to my games (Scandinavia and Belgium/Holland) and I refuse to begin playing in 2009. Instead I always holiday for at löeast one year before starting a game as moer variation is guaranteed then. :)

I'm currently trying to make Valencia the best team in the history of Spain; it wasn't initially my goal, but it became the only way to keep my save interesting after getting taken over by a tycoon. I'll consider this accomplished when all of the following are accomplished:

1) I have won more league titles than either Real Madrid or Barcelona

2) I have won more Champions League's than Real Madrid or Barcelona

3) I have won more Spanish Cups than Real Madrid or Barcelona.

I also have a sub-category, where I want to become the richest club in the game; right now I'm #2 behind Real Madrid, but there's a long way to go before I'm even within striking distance of accomplishing that.

And, yes, my save departed from the realm of reality a long, long time ago.

I'm the same, consistently winning isn't really enough to keep my interest. I like to set myself achievable targets, like trying to get an entire squad made up of youth products.

I do something similar.I try to make sure that all the players and staff from whatever club I am managing are all from the same nation so for example if I am managing in Spain everyone will be Spanish or if I'm in italy then everyone will be Italian. The only exception to this is when I am managing in Britain then I will quite happily have Scots, English, Irish or Welsh since they all speak English.

Have to say because i'm now in season 15 i have a normal game in season 1 which i can clone players from and then add them to my current game.. i find young regens become very depleated over time leaving some teams with pants quality making the game easier over time.. I was going to clone my current regen team and add them to a new game to see how my bunch of regens would do against real players from the start..

It's hard using this method tho as i have to set my self some ground rules, they are i dont buy any player cloned or tamperd with unless they either comand a top transfer fee or my scouts find them and even then i dont but any player iv changed.. i do change so many at 1 time that i dont actually remember there names so some time's im none the wiser. This is definately somthin gi think FM needs to look at for long term games as apposed to adding new features to the game..

Iv been managing in the English prem for 14 years but teams in spain have bought a host of talent that i'm only now feeling the rath from managing in this league.. I'm not sure why but i feel my tactics work better than they ever have done. i dont speak spanish in the game, my team hadn't gelled after 20 new signing's in 1 window. im top scores in the league and could possibly win the league yet allthough my money is on 2nd place this year.. that may be down to my world class reputation.? or the fact better players can adhere to my instuctions better..?

With so many changes in my data base for a nutrel that has never playerd would probably love it..

Archived