The Linesman flags the wrong way

I am not sure if there has been a thread on this before, and if there has i am sorry.

Everytime the ball goes out of play for a throwing, the linesman flags the wrong way. Say you get a throwing, the linesman flags towards your goal, when it sould be the opposite. The same for when the opposition gets a throwing, the linesman flags the wrong way. Of course this is n the 3D match engine.

I just find this annoying, I have noticed this ever since I have had FM 2010, and I just can't believe that Sports Interactive who have been making Football management games for a decad or so now havn't noticed this.

• Administrators

It is an issue we are already aware of and something we are looking into. Thanks for bringing this up.

It is an issue we are already aware of and something we are looking into. Thanks for bringing this up.

While you are dealing with that issue, you might deal with the poor positioning of the asst. referees on corners; they are supposed to be rooted to the goal line until it's clear the ball won't go out , then they can shift to the next to the last defender, assuming that's not someone rooted to the inside of a goal post. In the game, they are often moving along the touch line, in the kicker's way.

Official representation is pretty poor at times on FM. At corners, for example, the referee seems to be staring at the ball, rather than watching in the box where fouls will take place. Assistants are worse. Still, it's all symbolic.

In real life do the linesmen, sorry assistant referees, get a rating like the main referee? Just think its a would be good to see how good the linesmen have been in the matches too

Yes, they are assessed. However, that would be much harder to code, as assistant referee ratings are more technical. To be honest, I doubt referee ratings are as technical as the real ones, but with assistants, if you don't have the detail then referees would mostly perform the same.

Aye I guess that is true, just find it annoying when the ref get low marks due to a mistake that the linesman would be at fault for

The referee has the final say. Graham Poll was "knocked out" of Korea and Japan 2002 because one of the assistants made a mistake, and he accepted it.

Archived