Star player left out World Cup Squad

Hey everyone

I have just finished my frst season in charge of my beloved Bolton Wanderers, and to my astonishment Lee Chung Yong has been left out the National team.

His record in the league last year was Played 38, Goals 15 , Assists 2, MOTM 4.

He played in every South Korea qualifier and has never been injured, he also won young player of the year. I cant see anything he has done to contribute to his dropping. It says "Is devastated to be left out of a major competition (World Cup)

I mean if your scoring 15 goals on the right wing for Bolton and are wanted b Barcelona then surely you go to the World Cup!

Maybe the manager just didnt fancy him, not a crime. Ronaldinho had a great season for AC and didnt go to the world cup

Aye, but as a Bolton fan with Milanese roots, Ronaldinho loves a party and isn't a team-player, which is why Dunga left him out. Lee Chung-Yong is quite, shy and hardworking, no reason to leave him out.

I have a spanish player in my Napoli Squad who is probably one of the best left sided wingers in the game and is on the spanish top players list. He performs consistently well for me though he has not been picked by Gerard Pique for Spain in the 3-4 seasons he has been with me. I can only assume they dislike each other.

I think it would be nice to be able to comment on international selections of your players as a manager; that happens in real life (off the top of my head, Steve Bruce was pimping for Darren Bent before the World Cup last year), and would add another layer to international selection.

You used to be able to do that on one of the previous versions, not sure which, as I remember having a good goal keeper who was Welsh but never got a call up and kept getting the choice to "throw my weight behind the player" or something like that... or did I just dream that??

I have a spanish player in my Napoli Squad who is probably one of the best left sided wingers in the game and is on the spanish top players list. He performs consistently well for me though he has not been picked by Gerard Pique for Spain in the 3-4 seasons he has been with me. I can only assume they dislike each other.

Gerard Pique is the spain manager in your game?

Crikey.... how many seasons are you into the game? lol.

Archived