Ass Man filtering unrealist targets - what does it do?

Is this the old "players who are interested in joining club" button?

when you Assman filiters out unrealistic targets, it gets rid of players which arent interested in joining, possibly out of your wage budget/transfer budget. thats what i think it means anyway and just stuff like that. makes your life easier looking for players.

i generally dont use it as more often than not you will miss out on a clss player who he thinks is unrealistinc. I signed a player that was 'twice as good' as my best player, asst man said he was uunrealistic, offered him 10k a week over what he wanted and got him.

On the same note its the same for any player. Even if he says he has no interest its worth offering a contract of what you think 'fair' especially if its a pay rise, Riquelme wasnt considering joining me at Wolves, said i could not meet his needs, he ended up my asst man after 6 magical years as a player!

i generally dont use it as more often than not you will miss out on a clss player who he thinks is unrealistinc. I signed a player that was 'twice as good' as my best player, asst man said he was uunrealistic, offered him 10k a week over what he wanted and got him.

On the same note its the same for any player. Even if he says he has no interest its worth offering a contract of what you think 'fair' especially if its a pay rise, Riquelme wasnt considering joining me at Wolves, said i could not meet his needs, he ended up my asst man after 6 magical years as a player!

i agree with this occasionally you do miss out on quality players.

I usually try to avoid using this when managing in the lower leagues as he usually filters out a load of good players who I can tempt to the club. You may have to put up with being knocked back quite often but you will miss out on some great signings if you always use this filter.

Same here, you miss out on the occasional gem who should be too good for you. The whole point of this feature is to save time and it doesnt do that if it doesnt work properly. It should be 100% accurate.

Same here, you miss out on the occasional gem who should be too good for you. The whole point of this feature is to save time and it doesnt do that if it doesnt work properly. It should be 100% accurate.

I'm not sure making it 100% accurate (like the old 'interested players' filter) would be that good. I quite like the mystery around signing new players, knowing he'll sign would take a bit of the fun out for me. Having a rough filter works for me, I like to have to work to get the gems that fall outside of it.

i agree with the first part but it does work properly. IRL some teams will think a player wont join them but so dont go for them or they do. if you get what i mean.

I disagree. We can just be aware of the limitations we're putting on ourselves by using the option. If you want to plunk around a few score of players looking for the "missing gem," that is up to us. If all we want is a servicable body, it's pretty easy to find one...

Archived