Players swapping positions

I don't understand this.

Imagine i have a 4-4-2 tactic with a striker playing as a Deep-lying Forward and the other striker playing as a Poacher. Now, these positions ask for different attributes, where the poacher is basically about finishing, off the ball and pace, the deep-lying forward focus on passing, technique, strength, etc.

My question is: In the player instructions screen I have the option to swap positions, and I choose to swap my two strikers. BUT they only swap their positions, and not their role, so then I have a classic poacher playing as a DLF and a more creative striker playing as a Poacher. If they swap position with each other, they should also change their roles.

Your thoughts?

Personally I only use this option for wingers that are comfortable on either wing as a way of confusing opponents. Doesn't always work but then agian I am not the greatest tactician. Never considered using it on strikers.

That's exactly my point. The game only makes the players swap their position, the role stays with the position. If I have a poacher on the left and a depp-lying forward on the right, by swapping the players, the poacher is still the one on the left and the DLF is still the one on the right. But the players swapped, and then I have two players on roles that I didn't assign to them.

This has been a complaint for a few versions og FM now and it still had not been addressed and I dounbt it will any time soon, which is a pity.

Yep, dunno why they haven't done anything about it yet. Ideally, we'd have three options:

1) Swap position only

2) Swap role only

3) Swap role and position

Yep, dunno why they haven't done anything about it yet. Ideally, we'd have three options:

1) Swap position only

2) Swap role only

3) Swap role and position

Agreed.

So far they swap everything but the girlfriend which makes the option unwise to use in most cases.

Archived