FM10 long-term game?

Hi! I've been playing FM07 for during the recent years but it first now I have gotten to a point in a save where regens take over more and more but they seem to have some big problems which makes me lose interest.

i.e midfielders severly lacking marking and so forth and I'm wondering how FM10 is for a long-term game. If the regens are decent and stuff like that.

All regens who ive had are awful i dont think ive ever had a decent one maybe its my youth facilities?

If you consider the number of World Class players in the game, then the chances of one coming through your youth system is pretty small. It certainly isn't impossible, but the probability is pretty tiny. I've had quite a number of wonderkids come through but none of them really compare to the players I could bring in from other clubs around the World.

In my experience the youth players that come through are barely worth looking at unless you have the best youth facilities, and even then it is a bit of a lottery.

All regens who ive had are awful i dont think ive ever had a decent one maybe its my youth facilities?

You need to look at other clubs young players too, ive only got 1-2 prospects from my own under 19's in 6 seasons... but ive bought over a dozen kids from other teams.

I'll assume you are being serious. Have you not seen the many CB's who can't jump, head, mark or a combination of the three? DM's who have amazing pace/acceleration but cannot tackle/mark/jump/header?

I was being serious but I 'm having a hard time accepting that you are too.

there's a lot of regens like that and there's a lot of regens who are awesome. Just use the freaking search.

Plus, most regens who play as defenders have good stats at tackling, marking, and heading and are extremely poor at anything techinical, crossing,dribiling,first touch, finishing, free kicks, and so forth... so, quite the opposite of what you said,

I'm assuming we're both playing the same game..

Archived