My Greatest Ever FM Achievement After Only 9 Days 2 Hours

28790056.jpg

After a total game time of 9 days and 2 hours I have finally achieved my goal of winning the Champions League or equivalent trophy on 6 continents. I have never had a journey man game quite like this before. I realise that most people are probably not interested but I had to post and tell someone about it.

I also posted as I see a few threads about people losing interest in FM, at the time of starting this challenge I was losing interest and really couldn't be bothered playing but I went outside my comfort zone of Spain and England. It was great travelling the FM world and experiencing different leagues with strange rules and strange play-off's at least in comparison to England and Spain.

Question is what do I aim for in this save now?

lol, I had considered retirement but I have never made it to the 30's before in any FM. To keep my interest I had a break 3 times for at least 2 weeks each time. It also helped that I had an aim with every team I was at and I resigned pretty much straight after winning the continental competition each time.

Thanks for the comments guys. I have now taken over a tycoon supported Stoke City who despite the money have not won the league, this is not much of a challenge but I want to try and get Stoke their first EPL title and champions league then I will leave.

I figure it might be worth trying to win every continents international trophy. I have already won the Gold Cup with USA and the European Championships with England, I also lost on penalties in the World Cup final with England against France really annoyed me as I didn't concede a single goal from open play.

Awesome acheivement! Whats the lowest league you have running in Europe? Pick a side from there and aim to win the champions league with them. I'm currently trying to do that with my Oxford side. So far have got to the champions league final but lost to Real Madrid..

Top work, really good ahivement, a journeyman game is my next challenge so may try and do the 6 champions leagues myself, currently trying to make Brackley Premier and European champions, am in 2019 and think it's at least another 5 seasons before both would be realistic.

As for you, I would agree with what others have said go for the World Cup.

Nice work,

I cant even win a title in any league, so grats to you. (even though you probably downloaded tactics and or used save game editors or used genie scouts).

Thats okay though, Sir Alex Ferguson does the same thing in real life.

:thup::cool:

So just because you're crap at the game it means anyone who does well must cheat? Don't be silly.

Nice work,

I cant even win a title in any league, so grats to you. (even though you probably downloaded tactics and or used save game editors or used genie scouts).

Thats okay though, Sir Alex Ferguson does the same thing in real life.

:thup::cool:

I expected a few posts like this to be honest it's just the way these forums are. I didn't download any tactics from the forums and I was never at a club long enough to use genie scout to buy any youth players, I don't have any in game editors on my PC either.

Some good suggestions on here on what to do next, World Cup has got to be one thing I should aim for to crown my career. Other than that time to spend some cash with Stoke City and then see where to go after that.

My suggestions;

1. Conquer all of England with Stoke.

2. Do it again while also conquering Europe ;) just to prove first time round wasn't a fluke.

3. Win the World Cup with England

4. Resign and take over a lower league side in an attempt to get them to the top division and European football (An amazingly fun challenge.)

5. Then, assuming you English the most controversial achievement you could ever achieve as an English football manager....

WIN THE WORLD CUP WITH GERMANY!!! :O

Anyway, excellent achievement and all the best for the future :D :D

WELL DONE

Once against thanks for the comments people. I figure after my time at Stoke City I could try to pick up the league titles I have not won, meaning jobs in Japan, Brazil, South Africa and of course England will be done if I can win it with Stoke.

great achievement, I may try it myself it I have a few years free time (I'm sure it would take me a lot longer than nine days!). How do you play, incidentally? I see that you're on 2028 - I'm on 2023 but with nearly double the gametime.

you could go for taking a team from the bottom leagues in this thread to the top and then Champions League.

yup, this is what I was thinking, a bottom tier club from every continent to Champions League glory. Should keep you busy till the late 2100s. ;)

edit: it's come to mind that maybe other people don't mess around on the internet, watch tv etc while playing FM like I do, but it's a big disparity so I'm still interested!

just out of intrest what leagues did you load? whouldn't mind trying this sort of thing for myself.

New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Egypt, South Africa, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, England and Spain.

Well done dude! Would recommend bringing a team from the lowest league playable to champions league and premiership winnings. Done it with Telford, nothing more satisfying!!

Haven't done that on FM10, I only have the top two leagues loaded so although it would be good it would also not be as good as doing it with someone like Telford.

Ironically - IRL Wellington Phoenix aren't allowed to play in the Asian champions league because they are from New Zealand, which is Oceania, although they do play in The A-League which is part of Asia. One of those quirks.

So, in theory at least, you have not completed it. ;) Just winding you up.

very nice man, well, on my save, which has all first divisions of all leagues selected, I have an aim

to won every domestic championship, in all countries, at first I won many times with Flamengo, as it's my favourite team, until I won the world club championship

then I moved to Juventus, won the Italian league twice, until I won Champions League

Now I'm at Jeonbuk (South Korea), second season there, won everything in the second season, after losing everything on the first one. Now I don't know if I stay until next season and try to win asian champions league.

A journeyman save it's probably the most fun type of game, specially when there is so many options and things to do

Try it yourself!

Amazing. This is just what I'm looking for.

A few questions,

First, Where did you start, and what reputation did you start with?

How did you go about moving jobs? It'd have to get a bit annoying waiting for the right club to come up

Cheers.

Ironically - IRL Wellington Phoenix aren't allowed to play in the Asian champions league because they are from New Zealand, which is Oceania, although they do play in The A-League which is part of Asia. One of those quirks.

Nope. Technically, Wellington are still eligible to participate in the ACL.

This is one I've thought about trying several times, but never found the motivation to even begin. So color me impressed. Very well done AcidBurn. :thup:

Try and win the World Cup with a team from each continent, or then again you could go for taking a team from the bottom leagues in this thread to the top and then Champions League.

I second this. Maybe even win the continental international cup on each continent while you're at it. Like the African Nations, Copa America, etc. :D

Or you could take a well deserved break. :)

try and win the champions league with a scottish team

Unfortunately I do not have Scotland loaded.

I knew I should have accepted the Gold Coast job instead, maybe I should return to do it properly lol.

Amazing. This is just what I'm looking for.

A few questions,

First, Where did you start, and what reputation did you start with?

How did you go about moving jobs? It'd have to get a bit annoying waiting for the right club to come up

Cheers.

Started with a semi-pro rep unemployed. Will post a screenshot of the teams I have managed.

do you buy alot of players or try to keep the original team?

Depends if they are good enough, some teams I changed nearly every player other teams hardly anyone.

Was there any players or staff you took to a few clubs or even every club with you?

There was a striker at my second club Wellington Phoenix called Wisner, I took him with me to America(MEX) then Real Madrid followed by Velez and had him at Seattle he then became my assistant manager at Ismaily.

This is one I've thought about trying several times, but never found the motivation to even begin. So color me impressed. Very well done AcidBurn. :thup:

I second this. Maybe even win the continental international cup on each continent while you're at it. Like the African Nations, Copa America, etc. :D

Or you could take a well deserved break. :)

Thanks for the comments, it has been suggested that I should try for each continents international cup. I already have the North American Gold Cup and the European Championships.

career.jpg

That's the clubs I have managed, there are a few mistakes in there like FC Tokoyo and Botafogo was a short stop as I wanted a decent club in Argentina. I went to Hull City to wait for an African job to come up, I joined Kaizer Chiefs but they were extremely poor and by this time I just wanted to achieve my goal so I moved to Ismaily and completed the challenge.

My Career Thread

Might be a bit of shameless advertising but anyone interested in reading more detail about the challenge that is a link to my career thread surprisingly in the career updates forum. There is no leave date on my USA job for some reason but I left to take the England job.

Any more question are more than welcome.

Archived