Where do your players hail from?

So i was looking at my list of 1st team players and looking specificaly at their nationalities, then i opened Google maps and decided to look at the various towns/villages they come from.

I had an idea that i would use google maps to indicate the place of birth of all my 1st team (20 players) to see just how wide spread my clubs infuence is.

So heres the result of my 2015/16 Rangers team: (with a fairly far away continent copy and pasted so as to keep the map fairly detailed).

mapofplayers.jpg

Would anybody else be interested in showing their first teams birth places?

(best way is to use google maps, enter the first location, then right click the map on the location and hit "directions from here" for example Glasgow, then when it shows a box for the destination enter your next players birth place for example Manchester, then to keep adding locations just click "add destination" under neath the list on the left hand side.

Good tip is to add text describing the number of players in a location if they are tightly packed, for example 6 of my 20 players are from the central belt of Scotland.

Should also say this is my Fleetwood town team for the season 2024/2025

fleetwoodeurope.jpg

Both of the players that are born in Germany ain't actually German but have it as their second Nationality. One of them is English and the other is a Bosnian. Also have two playerss from the Czech Republic but both were born in the same place, Brno

fleetwoodamericans.jpg

Here are the other few in my team

Can see my squad in a few seasons time being different looking at where most of my younger players are from,,, pretty interesting really when you look at where your players come from .. well entertained me anyway

This thread really appeals to the nerdy side of me. The above screenshots are awesome but I lack the ability to do it myself. I can use Google Maps but getting something to appear on this forum like that is a bit beyond me, despite the fact that I have made over 8,000 posts!

Despite the above, I wanted to do something so I will just produce a list.

Wigan Athletic 2013/14 1st Team Squad Places of Origin:

England (7 players)

Titus Bramble (born: Ipswich)

Wayne Bridge (born: Winchester)

Tom Cleverley (born: Basingstoke)

Owen Hargreaves (born: Calgary (Canada))

Chris Kirkland (born: Leicester)

Ryan Taylor (born: Liverpool)

James Tomkins (born: Basildon)

France (2 players)

Jimmy Briand (born: Vitry-sur-Seine)

Charles N'Zogbia (born: Le Havre)

Honduras (2 players)

Maynor Figueroa (born: Jutiapa)

Hendry Thomas (born: San Pedro Sula)

Algeria (1 player)

Hassan Yebda (born: Saint-Maurice (France))

Bulgaria (1 player)

Dimitar Berbatov (on loan) (born: Blagoevgrad)

Colombia (1 player)

Hugo Rodallega (born: El Carmelo)

Ireland (Republic of) (1 player)

Stephen Kelly (born: Dublin)

Italy (1 player)

Federico Macheda (born: Rome)

Madagascar (1 player)

Anicet (full name: Anicet Andrianantenaina Abel) (born: Antananarivo)

Poland (1 player)

Bartosz Bialkowski (born: Braniewo)

Scotland (1 player)

James McArthur (born: Glasgow)

Senegal (1 player)

Mohamed Diamé (born: Créteil (France))

Diamé starts the game as French. He became Senegalese in my game after agreeing to play for Senegal. I can only assume the French are kicking themselves.

Spain (1 player)

Roberto (full name: Roberto Fernández Alvarellos) (born: Chantada)

Uruguay (1 player)

Leandro Cabrera (born: Montevideo)

And that's it. I should not have enjoyed doing that anywhere near as much as I did...

This thread really appeals to the nerdy side of me. The above screenshots are awesome but I lack the ability to do it myself. I can use Google Maps but getting something to appear on this forum like that is a bit beyond me, despite the fact that I have made over 8,000 posts!

Here you go!

mapsu.jpg

Starting 11

GK: born San Nicolas de los Arroyos, Argentina

RB: born Toulouse, France

CB: born Igdir, Turkey

CB: Yucel Sari (newgen) born Istanbul, Turkey

LB: born Berlin, Germany (represents Turkey)

CM: born Castrop-Rauxel, Germany (represents Turkey)

CM: born Iracemapolis (SP), Brazil

CM: born Teodalina, Argentina

ST: born Trabzon, Turkey

ST: born Ostrava, Czech Republic

ST: born Recanati, Italy

Subs Bench

1. born Malatya, Turkey

2. born Istanbul, Turkey

3. born Karabuk, Turkey

4. born Bursa, Turkey

5. born Nasice, Croatia

6. born Nigde, Turkey

7. born Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Others

1. born Antalya, Turkey

2. born Lahr, Germany

3. born Izmir, Turkey

4. born Sivas, Turkey

5. born Samsun, Turkey

6. born Moncao, Portugal

7. born Malatya, Turkey

8. born Sydney, Australia

9. born Elazig, Turkey

10. born Bursa, Turkey

11. Unknown????

12. Orhan Kanatlar (newgen) born Gaziantep, Turkey

13. born Niksic, Montenegro

14. born Caa Cati, Argentina

It would be kind of fun if they had this in game to show you a map like that, wouldn't be of much use but quite cool :D

Maps in the game is a long-requested feature in the game and I would like to see them too, mostly to see where a team is from, where the teams of a competition are from, or the distance between two contenders.

It shouldn't be as detailed as Google Maps, like a red spot on a plain map showing just the boundaries of the countries (or regions in UK)..

Often requested by me, also useful for selecting which countries to scout, displaying which ones you have scouts assigned to, just a different colour highlight for each scout sort of thing.

Heres my map from Greek Superleague anyway,

map2.png

and further afield players,

map1.png

I love Gabon and Trinidad & Tobago :D

Often requested by me, also useful for selecting which countries to scout, displaying which ones you have scouts assigned to, just a different colour highlight for each scout sort of thing.

Heres my map from Greek Superleague anyway,

map2.png

and further afield players,

map1.png

I love Gabon and Trinidad & Tobago :D

A Turkish player in a Greek team? Does he argue with his teammates

Some kind of ingame mapping would be a great little feature, I know that when I'm playing in, say, Turkey, I don't know where the hell my team is from. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement, in-game cities have longitude and latitude anyway.

Some kind of ingame mapping would be a great little feature, I know that when I'm playing in, say, Turkey, I don't know where the hell my team is from. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement, in-game cities have longitude and latitude anyway.

what team do you play as? I'm playing as debt-ridden, harmoniless Galatasaray or at least that's what Frank Rijkaard changed it to

Suffice it to say, my current squad of players comes from all corners of the above. :)

:groan:

Spent ages doing mine. Learned weird stuff about some players. I have two players from Hounslow!

Anyway, I don't have the energy to finish, but nice exercise.

Well I thought about this myself, he started on the team I picked and actually had played in Greece his entire career and even gained Greek nationality (which takes 10 years). I do wonder what he would make with all my Cypriot players though.

V-Varen Nagasaki

Japanese club, and with the strict foreign restrictions, most are obviously from Japan. One is North Korea/Japanese, but born in Japan.

60931718.jpg

Japan

Gunma

Kyoto

Tamura

Chiba

Funabashi

Isehara

Hiroshima

Hyogo

Tokyo

Kamifukuoka

Aichi

Kobayashi

Moriyama

Kasama

28802063.jpg

Brazil

Itabuna (BA - Bahia)

Ituiutaba (MG)

Salvador (BA)

Hehe!

On the contrary, we get along pretty well once we get together. We love each others food, music, and *cough* women *cough* :D

I am Turkish, though I am living in Japan for more than 12 years now.

I've got a save going with San Marino too, except I'm limiting myself to players from places that were once owned by Italy or with major Italian influence/language.

Which leaves me with Italy, San Marino, Malta, (Vatican), Libya, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia.

I'm up to Serie B (will probably be relegated) now and undecided whether I should expand to players with Italian heritage which would let me get a whole pile of south american born players but that seems a bit like cheating.

Great thread and as someone else pointed out, it really brings out the nerdy side of me :D. Nice to have a thread with no bickering or snide comments :thup:.

In my current save Out of Africa, the majority of my squad are local (not through choice but rather lack of transfer funds :() with 18 players hailing from Cape Town. 1 comes from Katlehong, S.A, 2 from Johannesburg, S.A, 1 from Mbabane, Swaziland and 2 from Kampala, Uganda.

Map-1.png

Beginning of 2011/2012 season with Genoa.

A: Alan Dzagoev

B: Marco Amelia

C: Domenico Criscito - covered by H

D: Miguel Veloso

E: Simon Kjaer

F: Robert Acquafresca

G: Omer Toprak

H: Salvatore Bocchetti

I: Diego Renan

J: Camilo Zuniga

K: Francesco Bolzoni

L: Ivan Fatic

M: Sotiris Ninis

N: Franco Zuculini

O: Adrien

P: Eduardo

Q: Fernando Forestieri

R: Houssine Kharja

S: Alejandro Alfaro

T: Stephan El Shaarawy

U: Andrej Kramaric

V: Christian Eriksen

W: Gabriel Silva

X: Danijel Aleksic

Y: Radja Nainggolan

Z: Jano Ananidze - Wouldn't let me make a Z. Would have been Tbilisi, Georgia.

5fd13506.jpg

3aad7f2f.jpg

Archived