Brand New Spanking Laptop

[I am getting a new laptop soon any ideas on what to get? looking to mainly use it for footie man and looking to spend between £400 and £700 any advice would be great...?

Something like this should be more than suitable for fm and just about most other things as well I think and is in your price range.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-l650-10g-04961624-pdt.html

Beware of the Intel HD onboard graphix, there not very good. As above, want a dedicated card.

Whilst that is true, the Intel 4500MHD or above isn't too shabby. My old laptop only had the 4500M and ran FM's 3d fine.

EDit: Though it didn't really like CM10, but I think that was the processor more than anything as it was slow at processing rather than the graphics side of things... (and BGS' programming was an abberation).

Hmm, well i got a Dell studio 15 the other month. Pretty good so far

got mine on wednesday, dell studio 15 for £679 i5 2.4ghz 4gb ram and 1gb graphics card, running fm and all the other programs i use faultless so highly recommended

Barns

got mine on wednesday, dell studio 15 for £679 i5 2.4ghz 4gb ram and 1gb graphics card, running fm and all the other programs i use faultless so highly recommended

Barns

Yours is slightly better than mine. mine cost £550, 2.13ghz with 3gb ram but 1gb graphics card. Plenty good enough for FM and im sure very good for other games that are more dedicated to graphics etc.

Has a very nice flush CD/DVD drive so no clunky tray comes out the side. Also I was watching videos online of people reviewing it, they said the speakers were a let down but I disagree, they are very clear and can be very loud slightly tinny but I have heard a lot worse!

Barns does yours have the touch pad light up buttons for music and CD release at the top?

Must have dishing out the peanuts to the person that wrote the info. AMD Turion is stil obsolete when up against a Core I3. Quick search found this. No L3 cache and 1meg shared between two cores is an educated guess. Go Intel mate is my sincere advice.

My uni gave me one of these for free

Still yet to touch it

Why? What do you find wrong with it? The only problem that I saw in it was that it probably came with the 32bit version of windows which means that I wouldn't have access to the full 4gb ram.

The particular CPU Model. My Toledo X2 3800 was crying out to be Overclocked. That is the AMD philosophy through and through. The Mobile dies were a response to Intel. Intel have always been ahead on raw power at stock, hence why due to the capability of the current Intel dies, a game like FM 10 will benefit from the threading and such like, being CPU tied. A GPU based game is different and I wish SI could make use of the software driven capability of GPGPU operations. Intel for me.

The only problem that I saw in it was that it probably came with the 32bit version of windows which means that I wouldn't have access to the full 4gb ram.

Good point on the ver of the OS trekman. Probably a question most don't ask

ignore that last post -

and yeah, with performance increases in all other areas of computer specs, the hard drive is the obvious downfall at the current time unless theres an upgrade to SSD. some people say its the best upgrade theyve ever made, personally i wouldnt know as they are too expensive for me.

Archived