<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htfc_ttid@yahoo.co.uk:

It's a day when the weather's particularly hot and everyone brings a fan to cool themselves down. Free fans are given to those who don't own one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swing and a miss icon_wink.gif

Its a day when ticket prices are slashed to get some fans in I beleive.

If you put on a good match, then the people who came at reduced prices/free with an adult will be more inclined to attend your matches in future. There are also financial benefits with a boosted attendance for that match, even if things do not go well.

I've seen:

- Child gets in free with an adult

- Child gets in half-price with an adult

- All tickets half-price

- 2 tickets for the price of one

and others, I think, which I cannot remember.

As a lower league club you will get them more, as an increase in attendance is more likely to be neccesary - you wouldn't find a Premiership team such as Arsenal having a fan day, but you may find Middlesbrough or Derby having one, and you'd also find a BSP or BSN/S team having one.

I'm interested to know how results affect that because it seems that being entertained is the one key factor. I won 1-0 on a Fan Day and the board said the uninteresting match meant it had little effect, yet when I lost a high scoring match they said it was great. I'd be interested to know if you deliberately get hammered 7-0 on a fan day whether your fans will be delighted by the entertainment and you'll get an attendance boost icon_razz.gif

I always say to my players to â€play for the fans †in the team talk before the match that is labelled as a â€fan day†and they, in 9 matches out of 10, put a really good show with a lot of hard tackles, yellow cards, scoring and also a lot of conceding goals, I hardly ever lose a “fan day†match (but I think that they must have somewhat good morale in order to play good if you say to them “for the fans†and the team must at least be “fairly determinedâ€)

i had a fan day i didnt know about untill after thge match, any way i beat top of the league in a really good match, it was only 1-0 but a good match. anyway the board said the fans were disappoited, i beat top of the league ffs, if derby had beat man utd 1-0 would the fans go "well it was ok but only one nill, what are they playing at!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johno:

how did you get to have this fan day? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's down to the board - the manager doesn't have any say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I'm interested to know how results affect that because it seems that being entertained is the one key factor. I won 1-0 on a Fan Day and the board said the uninteresting match meant it had little effect, yet when I lost a high scoring match they said it was great. I'd be interested to know if you deliberately get hammered 7-0 on a fan day whether your fans will be delighted by the entertainment and you'll get an attendance boost icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ye my board said they were really happy and that the fans were delighted with the result. I'm assuming the opposition's goal just added to delight...

Archived