Player angry at me transfer listing a player that wants to go? huh?

So I have a 28 year old striker called Clemens Bosz, he's a good player, whom I wouldnt mind keeping, yet he's been with my club for over 10 years and he just wants a new challenge, he doesn't want to think he spent his entire career at one club. So he naturally requests to go, I tell him at the end of the season I'll sell him, as I didn't feel I could line up an adequate replacement in time, he picks up an injury for 5 months or so, he eventually recovers, soon after he recovers I think "great, i'll transfer list him and see if I can drum up some interes ready for when the window opens again. I still play him sometimes, because I want to drum up interest, I want him to perform and clubs feel "damn, I want this player, he's so good!".

Yet my winger, Petter Aarsheim goes and whines to the press that he's angry at the treatment of his tem-mate, and the slight concerns lists I should be more patient with my staff, and that I should retain the services of bosz. Sure, this winger has bosz on favoured personnel, so of course he doesn't want him to go, but come on! the guy wants to leave! he's expecting to leave.

Isn't this a bit ridiculous? my backroom advise always says "remove player from transfer list because player still has a role to play at the club" too, but the player's upset, I'm not going to keep him here against his will, do players and staff just not see that the player wants to go? it seems a bit silly.

So, you seen any similar or weird happenings?.

Happens all the time...

To the point it's a lose-lose situation in terms of dressing room atmosphere anyway.

* You transfer list the unhappy players, some other "overly sensitive" [ie low pressure/temperament] player will moan and become unhappy

* You don't transfer list the unhappy players, so they'll stay mad at you and some other players [see above] will become unhappy and whine about the lack of harmony

Now, I see there are traditional "pain in the ass" players you can never please and who'll vent on the press about the slightest thing, but that they get unhappy because you're being OVERLY FAIR toward a fellow player is a bit ridiculous

Players reactions are ok in FM, it's just they usually don't take into account more than one situation, so everything tend to lack a coherent "bigger picture"

Archived