challenges on football manager 2011

Blackpool won't be interesting, it will be impossible.

No money, a squad full of players that are not premiership quality, not able to afford to bring in anybody who is premiership quality.

If they stay up this season I swear that I will leave this forum and never return.

I regard Portsmouth as my second team (because my uncle takes me to a few games - I was at the FA Cup semi and final in 2008, but missed the chance of going to last season's because I had a sunday league match in Sevenoaks :() and it'll be a fun challenge I believe. But, I don't think SI will implement the transfer embargo.

Blackpool won't be interesting, it will be impossible.

No money, a squad full of players that are not premiership quality, not able to afford to bring in anybody who is premiership quality.

If they stay up this season I swear that I will leave this forum and never return.

We do have money (I am a Blackpool fan) it is the chairman that won't give wages higher then £10k-£15k a week for Premiership players, so I am guessing on FM11 we will have an easier time hiring players for the season ahead, unlike Ollie in real life who is fighting a losing battle :(

We do have money (I am a Blackpool fan) it is the chairman that won't give wages higher then £10k-£15k a week for Premiership players, so I am guessing on FM11 we will have an easier time hiring players for the season ahead, unlike Ollie in real life who is fighting a losing battle :(

can you blame your chairman. hes doing the right thing but tbh should have signed some players and there are and were some quality free agents which wouldnt cost too much in wages and could do a bit of a job with encouragement

Oh I don't blame him at all, sometimes I do wish he would act more as a business man then the trained accountant that he is (accountants don't make good businessmen imo), just wish he would have paid DJ's wages back in Jan so we should have been able to sign him for £250-£375k, and not the £1.5m+ that Fester are trying to get for him

That is another reason we haven't signed anyone due to the increase of the value of the players we were after, most of them have increase 4times in price to what we were being quoted in the January transfer window, Blackpool on FM could be an easy game but I would guess would get relegated in first season but be able to build a good solid team next season (But most of the players we have are championship quality anyway and think we will give a good showing in the Premiership... especially at Bloomfield road)

Aren't all of your players still waiting for their bonuses from the end of last season?

Erm... nah that is sorted, it wasn't they weren't getting paid, it was the way they were getting paid. They believed they were getting it in one big chunk, where the club was trying to help them by giving them a percentage while putting the rest into a "retirement" fund for them after they left the club. But I believe they are now sorted

Erm... nah that is sorted, it wasn't they weren't getting paid, it was the way they were getting paid. They believed they were getting it in one big chunk, where the club was trying to help them by giving them a percentage while putting the rest into a "retirement" fund for them after they left the club. But I believe they are now sorted

i thought your chairman said they would get paid when you got your first lot of tv payments at the end of august. tbh there are some decent free agents like i said. im suprised you didnt go for david james, stephen jordan, steven caldwell etc. but i really hope you do well and stay up would be good.

i thought your chairman said they would get paid when you got your first lot of tv payments at the end of august. tbh there are some decent free agents like i said. im suprised you didnt go for david james, stephen jordan, steven caldwell etc. but i really hope you do well and stay up would be good.

The first load of money for the TV came on Friday hence why it is sorted, it was meant to be paid by our President, but the banking crisis hit his banks and thus didn't have the money to pay the bonus at hand.

We have looked at them, barring James as we do have 2 solid keepers and an up and coming one too! but they all want wages outside our wage structure

While a lot of the aforementionned clubs are certainly short term challenges, unless they change the game significantly, in the long run, once you've got over the initial hurdle, you probably won't have a problem turning them into succesful clubs.

When it comes to a real long term challenge, assuming no "house rules", it's gonna be the same as ever: making Athletic Bilbao into a major force in world fottball, for the simple reason that no matter how rich or successful you become, you can't just go and buy the best players.

would like to see the game be more difficult. The fact that a practically everyone on these forums posts about themselves being small clubs and just gliding through the leagues means there is something wrong or maybe it just because they are cheating. I would like to see it be a realistic as it can possibly be.

Archived