position assasins?

It always seems to me, that often when I get a lot of long-term injuries, they affect the same position. I once had three goalkeepers injured at the same time, and now I've had a striker out for 7 to 9 months, another out for 5 months, one out for two months, and another for a month, yet now as soon as thos last two came back they both got injured on the same day in internationals, albiet this time only for 2 weeks and 1 week respectively.

It's quite irritating to lose them as soon as they come back, I'm now stuck to using my two youth strikers and I brought in a striker on loan too. Funny thing is I had a striker out on a long-term loan and he's out for 3 to 4 months too.

I honestly start to think I have assasins sneaking onto the pitch and mutilating my strikers!. They just keep coming!. On the upside, at least my young strikers are getting more experience heh..

Anyway, any of you seem to have similar injury crisises?

Without wishing to sound cliche'd, its most likely your tactics(& training).

You may be asking too much of your players in terms of pressing, hard tackling and the amount of running they have to do. Your training schedules may not be getting them into peak fitness for the start of the season and they will then naturally struggle.

Well the strikers are usually fine, I dont ask a whole lot of them, they just concidentally get injured at the same time, heck, the second injury to mister "two month" (frederic ferrero) was when he was away on international duty. It's just coincidence, literally just coincidence, but it's both amusing and frustrating coincidence, oh, and my loan striker just got injured heh. Anyway, most of my older strikes are just on bog-standard schedule, unmodifed, my youth strikers are on a harsher, modified schedule, but are fine. Most of the injuries are in-match, and my tactics are just an advanced and a deep forward on attacking duty, with a 4-4-2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a problem per-se, sure it's not doing my chances much good, but this is the only time I've had as many striker injuries as this.

Oh, and I dont think they're particularly prone, most of them I've had years and have been fine (although freddy my star man goes through periods where he gets a lot of injuries through-out a season, but then he's fine for the next two seasons pretty much.

Edit: Uh, ouch, there goes another striker, my 16 year old youth star I've been playing in every game for a few as he's all I have! Okay, I have 1 striker left, good job he's a target man, I'll push up my wingers an try a different strategy.

Happens to me all the time.

I don't think there's necessarly a cause. I think its randomness - a concept that is commonly misunderstood. Its often thought that when something is random, events will be evenly dispersed. In reality, no reason why they should be, its just as likely they'll be clumped together. Case in point is injuries in a particular position from time to time.

Just bad luck mate.

Yeah I agree in it being a coincidence - ie several random occurances, and I don't even rage against it, I have plenty of strength in depth just for this occasion, I just found it more amusing than annoying, although I'd be quite annoyed if my last striker got injured too, luckily he didn't, and some of my other injured strikes made come-back.

Oh and Pompey fan, ouch, that does sound painful.

i always remember on my current save my back up keeper hadnt played a league game in 2 years. my 1st choice got injured and was ruled out for 3 weeks so i thought to myself 'heres the other lads chance'....... until he got injured in training the day before my next game and was ruled out for a month! poor bloke never did get that game!

Archived