Frustrated editor help

First of all, apologies for putting this in what is probably the wrong place.

Secondly, apolgies for asking a question that has probably been asked a million times before.

I have trawled these boards AND used google to search the internet for an answer and I cant get one. I dont come on these boards very often, I dont network, but I am a massive FM2010 fan, player et al. I do know that whenever people have a genuine issue you guys are the BEST at helping to sort it out, so I come with bowed head and hopeful heart.

Anyway...

I've started a new game in anticipation of tomorrow's big (League 2) kick off. I've edited my database to get my team's squad right up to date (has taken me hours). I've saved my database. It's in the folder "editor data", where it should be. I've called it "edited Aug 10".

Then I've loaded up my game, I've gone to "change", looked for my file in "editor data" and it isnt there. There arent any files there. I've tried loading a game in case it has now become the default database, but it hasnt.

My new edited database is definitely saved though, because I can go back in and re-edit it, and it loads from the "editor data" folder (in the editor). Im doing something (probably stupidly obvious) wrong. I just need one of you clever fellas to tell me what.

Thanks in advance...

I found out that the editor wasnt saving the database in the right place, so I have moved the edited file to

Documents and Settings>My Documents>Sports Interactive>Editor 2010.

However, the document is a (file type) Safari Document. Is this right?

Right, I am now saving (and loading in the editor) my database in the correct place, as listed above, but when I try and choose this folder for my new game via preferences and database, the folder appears empty and there is no game to load.

How do I save my database in a form and location that the game will find it?

Please help....................................

Rember though that when you sart a new game there is a box to tick that allows you to change the default database. Cannot think where it is though off hand but I know when I do my own I have to remember to tick it and the next screen is where i select the one I want to play with.

Archived