Few general questions about a new Stadium and Money.

I'm playing Real Sociedad, 6th season just starting now in FM 2010.

Last year I finally managed to win a trophy, won in fact 2, the league and the CL. Got 60m Pounds in the bank and now I'm wondering:

1) Stadium. I have a 35000 seater stadium, average attendance is 35000 but quite low for a club of my statue. So I was wondering, what does it take for the board to approve a new stadium? I know you need to have the average attendance constantly at full capacity but how much money do you need? I asked for expansion, they responded that there is not enough space for an expansion.

2) The two seasons before last one, I got only till the group stage in the CL, finished 3rd both times and got 'relegated' to the UEFA cup, where I got knocked in the 1st round 1st time, and in the 2nd round the following year. Both years I got 21m of TV revenue while last year, winning the CL, i got only 18m. Is this normal? Thought since I have gone and won the whole thing, I would get a lot more than 21m... and was disappointed with the total price money, 20m at max. Inter got 120m in total for winning the CL in real life. I need this money because I want to achieve a new stadium.

3) Newgens are totally **** most of the time, and I'm running 30 leagues. I know this is a known problem but is there anyway to fix this, like a mod or something in the forums? Their natural fitness always is below 10 FFS! I've used FMRTE to improve the Youth Facilities of every club in the save for about 2 points, didn't really make a difference.

I think you have to remember with regens (actually i believe there called FREDS) though is that these players will be about 16 and at such an age their physical stats should be rubbish as they would for the most part be going through a growth stage of their life give them time and they may well develop into very good players!

Also stadium development would be linked to a healthy bank balance and are you packing your ground out, unless it averages at least 90% i think you won't get one. COuld be as well is that your reputation hasn't caught up with your success yet or that your chairman is really unambicious keep going and you might even get a stadium named after you!!

I've taken a team from B1 (3rd Tier) in Spain to the top flight, the ground only holds 7,000, as a result I only had a couple of million in the bank. My board have just announced the building of a new 26,000 seater stadium at a cost of £38 million of which £36 million is a loan.

I have the stadium filled at full capacity all the time, looked into my reputation and it's 8800 for my club, I'm a world class reputation manager myself obviously, guess I just need 2-3 seasons more of not much spending and winning everything...

Stadium construction is generally extremely cautiously implemented I find, you can have 3 times champions league winners who could be packing out a 40,000 stadium easily, yet the board has them stay at a 10,000 capacity stadium. It really can be quite ridiculous.

this might help.... as ajax in 2014 i have recieved a message saying that a new 66,000 seater stadium was being built. the new stadium costs 290m. we had 110m in the bank when this was announced and filled the stadium every game.

Hmmm... will be doing some testing with FMRTE, giving me ridiculous amount of money, ask for a stadium the whole time and see what the boards response would be, then just offset the cost of the stadium by going on debt... problem solved! :D

Archived