Foreign players!!

Just signed a 18 year old from brazil... and joins... when he turned 18 & plays one game and says he can't settle so i signed a another brazil player thinking.. " yea he wants some one who speaks his lingo" so i do that... he still not settled

does anyone know how to settle him down without him wanting to go???

Sounds a little bit like Robinho, who many think thought he'd just landed a move to Man Utd, but soon became unsettled when he realised otherwise, having being handed a blue shirt to pose in and wondering why he hadn't seen Alex Ferguson yet. ;)

Wonder if he still has the same agent? :D

Seriously though, I've had a similar experience, although he took a little longer to say he was unsettled. As he was a good player I wanted to develop and keep, I played him in a couple more games, then gave him some leave. He returned, was still unsettled, so I gave him a second spell of leave. After that, I kept him at the club and didn't give him any further leave. After about 12 months, he declared he was settled and no more problems.

It can just take some players more time to settle. It's also worth noting that scout reports may advise if a player might struggle to settle, in case you want to avoid the same thing in the future.

Have you tried offering him a new contract? That usually seems to settle them down for me, nothing like cold hard cash to make a player happy.

Feels he would settle better with a ludicrous pay-rise.

Well, it would work for me! :)

Sounds a little bit like Robinho, who many think thought he'd just landed a move to Man Utd, but soon became unsettled when he realised otherwise, having being handed a blue shirt to pose in and wondering why he hadn't seen Alex Ferguson yet. ;)

Wonder if he still has the same agent? :D

Seriously though, I've had a similar experience, although he took a little longer to say he was unsettled. As he was a good player I wanted to develop and keep, I played him in a couple more games, then gave him some leave. He returned, was still unsettled, so I gave him a second spell of leave. After that, I kept him at the club and didn't give him any further leave. After about 12 months, he declared he was settled and no more problems.

It can just take some players more time to settle. It's also worth noting that scout reports may advise if a player might struggle to settle, in case you want to avoid the same thing in the future.

you mean Chelsea, not United..

No, he means United, though it is true that word was he was going to join Chelsea before he actually signed for City. But the concept here is that he didn't realize that his agent was talking about Manchester CITY, not Manchester United when he suggested dumping the Chelsea idea and going north.

Archived