Advice would be great… players wanting new challenge!

I want to gauge people advice on what I should do, basically I’m in 2023 with my Manchester United save and the whole of my team are regens apart form a 37yr old Rooney, and a 36 yr old Akinfeev, the next oldest is 29 (regen).

When I first joined the club after talking Notts County to the Prem in around 2014 all of the players I brought were youngsters, they now grace my team, I have around 4 ‘world class players’ in there and the rest are one of the best in the world for their positions. I have a squad of around 25, and rotate the players each game.

The problem I have now is that after winning the champions league practically every year, as well as the league, FA CUP etc a lot of the players want to leave for a ‘new challenge’, the assistant recommends offering them a new contact to keep them around, which I do, and then about a year later, they want a new challenge again!!!

Some of the ‘world class players’ are just unbelievable and I don’t really want to part with them because they are a joy to watch, but I also don’t want to keep players hanging around at the club that don’t want to be there…

Here lies the problem, what shall I do, get rid of them? They are some of the best in the world and are in their prime at 26, 27….

But I also have a reserve team full of youngsters who are going to be unbelievable, but not up to the standard of the players I have who want to leave…. (they could be in the future though)

Should I just have a huge clear out? I reckon by selling about 8 of the players I could raise about 400m ( I just sold one for 60m)

Advice would be great!!!

I would advise you to do a massive clearout and bring up some of the youngsters. I brought notts county to be the best team in the world and I sold most of them after 7 seasons cos they wanted a new challenge. I think that some players just get bored of winning every trophy every season.

Yeah- Thanks for the advice!

I understand they are ambitious, but I basically win everything every year, each to their own!!

I think I will have a clear out, its just a wrench to get rid of players that’s are so good and you have had since they are 15!! All but 1 are foreigners, so I can understand it in a way, and I suppose it will be a nice challenge!!!

I have a lot of good English talent coming through the youth team, so It should be interesting. Hopefully I will get enough money to finally clear all of the debts&loans Man united have!!!

Archived