"Unlikely" players winning huge awards?

Have any of you managed to get any players that would not be considered as "world beaters" to win any massive awards?

My three examples are World Player of the Year for Moussa Sissoko, European Striker of the Year for Nikola Kalinic and second place for World Player of the Year for Cristian Zapata. All with my world beating Wolves team :p

Goals from corners to the far post I presume?

mostly, yes but a few indirect freekick goals and some pens to...helped by good corner takers and me being dominant team in the league (hence generating crapload of corners)

still never seen anything like the form displayed by Mexes that session, and he even scored 3 hat tricks...

On my current save I am playing as manager of Velez Sarsfield in Argentina. One of my players, Jonathan Cristaldo, has won everything, player of the year, golden boot, South American player of the year, World Player of the year, World team of the year etc, etc.

After 5 seasons and nearly 150 league goals and over 200 goals in total he still has not made his international debut, incredible.

Archived