FM11 - What do you think we will get and what do you want to see

Aside from the usual tweaking, what do you think we are going to get this year and what would you like to see?

I am assuming the below will happen:

- Improved 3D graphics

- Better finance system

- Better media

- Better team talks

- Better press conferences

I would like to see:

- Huge improvement on player interaction

- Huge improvement of international management

- Huge improvement of AI - I've been craving for AI managers to have personalities for years - something that really differentiates them from each other such as transfer market behaviour, type of football player, media behaviour etc etc.

Aside from the above I haven't really come up with anything that will really be a huge step forward for the franchise so feel free to come up with any ideas!

My main gripe for years has been the reliance on reputation to influence players' and managers' decisions in-game.

Unless you are offering tons of additional cash to the right player, he will always opt for a mid-table Liverpool rather than a Villa, Newcastle or Leeds side that has been in the Champions League for the past five years running. The form of the club, progress, ambition of manager -- all these should play a part in a player's decision to move.

Similarly big clubs will buy poor players purely based on their rep. EG, if you sign on as Liverpool manager, it's easy to make £20million on Kuyt, then watch as Real Madrid or Juventus never play him. AI managers should look at the form of players as well as their rep. Same with international call-ups.

What I would like...

3D stadium editor.

Improved 3D camera views. The current one is too 'far away' even when using the Touchline camera. I'd like the option to zoom in and out with each camera view / angle.

Improved 3D animations.

More weather effects (like breeze effecting ball filght etc - not sure if this is already in as I haven't played the game for long or noticed it yet).

Option to reduce or increase match duration. I only watch my games in 3D (full match) and feel its a little long (lasting upto 25 minutes sometimes), an option to reduce it by 3 or 4 minutes would be ideal (I know I can switch to extended highlights but thats not a solution as I prefer watching a full match and not highlights).

What we'll get...

Improved 3D animations.

What I would like...

3D stadium editor.

Improved 3D camera views. The current one is too 'far away' even when using the Touchline camera. I'd like the option to zoom in and out with each camera view / angle.

Improved 3D animations.

More weather effects (like breeze effecting ball filght etc - not sure if this is already in as I haven't played the game for long or noticed it yet).

Option to reduce or increase match length. I only watch my games in 3D (full match) and feel its a little long, an option to reduce it by 2 or 3 minutes would be ideal (I know I can switch to extended highlights but thats not a solution as I prefer watching a full match and not highlights).

What we'll get...

Improved 3D animations.

The title says it all "Full match" if it was shorter it wouldn't be the full match but less than full match.

If you want it to end sooner use a faster speed

I dont think we will get a zoom option (Licences)

The title says it all "Full match" if it was shorter it wouldn't be the full match but less than full match.

If you want it to end sooner use a faster speed

I dont think we will get a zoom option (Licences)

I think you mis-understood. When you watch a full match in 3D it lasts for 20-30 minutes (real time). My suggestion was to give us an option (in preferences maybe) to reduce it by a few minutes so the duration is around 15-20 minutes real time. Its still a 'full match', but doesn't take so long to complete. The faster speed option is fine but in this context isn't viable for my suggestion (if I wanted to end the game early I'd just switch to commenty only with no replays).

What have licences got to do with a no-zoom option btw?

I think you mis-understood. When you watch a full match in 3D it lasts for 20-30 minutes (real time). My suggestion was to give us an option (in preferences maybe) to reduce it by a few minutes so the duration is around 15-20 minutes real time. Its still a 'full match', but doesn't take so long to complete. The faster speed option is fine but in this context isn't viable for my suggestion (if I wanted to end the game early I'd just switch to commenty only with no replays).

What have licences got to do with a no-zoom option btw?

The match engine is a representation of 90minutes real time if the watch the full match it will take 90 minutes less time when the ball is out of play but the whole of the time the ball is in play this is played out in real time so it usually takes about an hour obviously if the match was any shorter some of the play would have to be omitted ( I hope this explains IT)

THe licencing issue is that SI do not have the liences for all leagues (The English Priemer league for example) this means that they cant show the features of real players also the company logos on players shirts hence the reason that the camera views are from some distance

I would like the option of Arcade and Simulation so Simulation is the full on game that we love but the Arcade is the slimmed down (training , friendlies, press conferences taken care of) sometimes I would like it to be as un evolved as the old CM01/02 just because it was so damn quick!

Also a chairman mode with the more money or points accumulated in the game go to how much money your stint as a chairman has to offer managers!

I think we may get an overhaul of training, especially at the youth end / academies.

Improved animations

Involvement of agents in transfer negotiations

I'd really like to see the "analysis" improved, particularly the inclusion of "heat maps" so you can see a players average position.

This was leaked a while ago:

- Improved training options

- More complex module for searching new players

- Improved graphics and 3D view of the game

- Introduction of football agents to the game

- Playing games in evenings (so called night effect)

- Differentiated weather conditions

I'd like to see the ease of signing players improved, as it's basically impossible to sign players from other Premiership sides for under 5 mill unless they are awful or transfer listed.

I agree with this, it is still far too expensive to buy players.

THe licencing issue is that SI do not have the liences for all leagues (The English Priemer league for example) this means that they cant show the features of real players also the company logos on players shirts hence the reason that the camera views are from some distance
What? That doesn't stop them allowing nearer cameras, that stops them showing the badges/sponsors/etc. They could still allow closer views with the same player models they have now. Licensing is no more an issue with closer views than it is with the 3D engine as a whole.

Better Press Conferences obviously, fed up of answering the same questions and newgens from your academy not all joining you on the same day, instead spread out over the season and say something like your scout has managed to recruit a good young player to your academy and give a link to his profile or something, another thing would be in the match analysis they should analyse the game rather than analyse the result, we normally get things like Sunderland have beaten Chelsea, "I was expecting Chelsea to beat Sunderland today but that's football", instead there should be something like "Chelsea were not able to make their dominance pay against Sunderland by missing several chances whereas Sunderland took the few chances they had", not exactly a must but I think its a good idea

What I want:

- total revamp of tactics; currently teams basically use two kinds of tactics, one for defending, one for attacking. It's tiime to implement it.

- more precise options for free kick taking: in real life some players cross and some players shot, in FM it's the same person

- better press conferences: right now they are dull, repetetive and plain boring

- better 'news from around the world' system, maybe more integrated into Inbox

- creating better ingame atmosphere during Euro and World Cup;

- introduction of player experience!!!!!

What will we get?

Well, some cosmetic changes, maybe one new, bigger feature. SI knows they have to milk the cow for as long as they can, because I'm sure that they actually could implement most of our ideas, but then we wouldn't have a reason to buy the game next year... Hopefuly the CM series is coming back on track. Last year edition was really decent, they are doing good work and who knows, maybe this year they will compete with FM. I really hope so as it would mean SI has to realy step up and make some big changes in their game.

I would like to see the following:

Variable reputations in league and players (quicker than it does now at any rate.) For example, if I take a team from a lower league for example and within 4 years start winning everything blah blah blah, I find my reputation and the fan base doesn't really improve at a realistic sort of rate, it takes too long. Similarly I don't find teams that have fallen apart and come out of the European places or relegated have their reputation and crowds drop quickly enough.

I'll give you an example, in my current game I took Forest to the prem and won it within 4 years, defending it three times and eventually winning the CL and becoming the dominant team in England and Europe. It took 10 years just for my ground to start being full every week, then it took a further 20 years before the fan base was enough to justify a stadium of 60k. All the while Man U and Liverpool struggled, rarely getting into Europe, in fact the Mancs spent 10 years in the championship, yet they consistently had a higher rep than me and gazzumped me for players who went to them because they had a higher rep.

Then you have leagues, coefficients change, sure, but the reputations of the league and the finances of the league tend to stay static. I would like to see variations in the leagues reputation and more importantly finances. If you take charge of, lets say, a Turkish team. You could eventually win the CL and raise the standard of your league through your position, giving more Euro slots to the nation etc yet players still wont come to you because your league rep is poor and you can't afford it anyway. In reality though, the Turkish league in this situation will get a higher profile and start to get more money into it, attracting better players and better facilities all around.

Random world events: I would love it if one of the leagues occasionally had some sort of revolution like the English Prem did, or major rule changes off the cuff, we all agree that football in 30 years will not be the same as it is now, it wont have the same structure, every competition wont have the same format as it has now and rules will have changed somehow. Yes, SI hardcode the changes IRL to the game well, but, in 30 years I would love to see the game have made random changes, new leagues and change the landscape in a realistic way. New powerhouses to be formed, leagues rising to and falling from power, media companies pumping money into new markets to improve the quality of the league, breakaway leagues, that sort of thing. It'll make a new, and interesting challenge later on in the game IMO. Hell, even clubs changing kit style or colours seasonally would help this.

Obviously things like football agents, revamped academies, more interaction with players and fans, and the general improvements and tweaks, as well as the ability to start your managerial career as a coach or assistant manager instead of fully fledged manager and a chance to create some sort of biography for your manager, I know you have your starting rep button, but for me this isnt enough. Yes it gives you a little bio which says "oh he played 29 times for England and scored 3 goals" etc, based on your starting rep but it could be better. Which club(s) did you play for? which position were you? what were you known for? Were you loved? Were you injured early? Did you never even play at a high level, yet you got your coaching credentials by being around football for so long and learned from the best managers ala Mourinho.

A little 5/10 question pop up when you create your manager asking your past clubs etc might work for this? Your starting rep and bio are based on this and you already have good relationships with certain players/teams and you feel like you already have a comprehensive past in game. Maybe you are even on your clubs record books if you are a legend?

Sorry I am rambling now, I think I have more ideas but I can leave them for another time

Being able to modify kits for new seasons.

Fitness tests for transfered players.

A tunnel.

Postponed matches.

Snow.

More realistic transfer rumours

More realistic disciplinary issues (scuffles on pitch, player personal issues, drugs tests, player strikes, handballs, players losing it with officials)

More defensive howlers.

Home team players being booed if they've said they want to leave the club.

Better interaction with players such as future plans, tactical tutoring, form issues and general motivational stuff.

I think I am missing out on something. What is this Dynamic League Rep everyone's on about?

Very short explanation: league reps to rise as teams from that league are succesful on a continental level. ie: someone takes Rosenborg to CL glory so Norwegian league gets higher rep so better class of players can be attracted to ALL Norwegian clubs.

What a lot of people don't realise is that it is a very slow and long process for reps to rise and fall. One CL victory wouldn't have Messi running of to Oslo.

Id like to see a stat where it tells you how well adapted to a tactic your team has become and how well players play with each other. For example. Rooney and Heskey = Chemistry 60..... Rooney and Ronaldo = Chemistry 89 etc etc.....

I want fans to understand that signing at 16 year old who doesn't make his debut in his first season at the club is no reason to label him as "disappointing". So basically, i want fans to take into account a players age when their signed and not expect them to be messi in a few weeks.

What I want:

- Dynamic League League Reputation

- Better match day atmosphere

- Japanese League

- Fix the fan confidence or just remove it altogether

- More recognition for winning the CL with small clubs

- Harder AI, with the right tactic you can become unbeatable, and taking smaller club to heights is relatively easy when you know what players to sign, ect.

- Realistic transfer prices (too many times clubs want stupid prices for they're players rotting in the reserves)

I want fans to understand that signing at 16 year old who doesn't make his debut in his first season at the club is no reason to label him as "disappointing". So basically, i want fans to take into account a players age when their signed and not expect them to be messi in a few weeks.

definatly agreed with this one

Idea 1: When offering a player a contract I want to be able to point out what I want a player to do.

Example: Okay, say I just got Nottingham Forest into the Premiership again but I need a new centre midfielder. Scott Parker was just released from West Ham because they couldn't pay his wages (just an example, remember). I put in a contract offer for him but it seems Arsenal are my only competition to his signature. Of course, Arsenal have around 5-6 quality midfielders but feel Parker might bring something to the side. Usually, Parker would accept Arsenal because of the reputation. Now crossing with the other ideas of removing it, I think I should be able to tell Parker that I want to 'build the team around him' and let him weigh up the option of joining a newly-promoted side who want to make him the integral part of the side or just sit on the bench at a Top Four side. Giving managers the option to tell them what they want to do with a star player for example.

Idea 2: Summaries of competitions.

Example: I'm currently managing Toulouse in Ligue 1 and I've noticed how the French Cup have four quarter-finalists who aren't from the top two leagues. It would be a good addition if SI could implement a competition review such as 'This year's French Cup saw many of the lower league teams make it far in the competition whilst the bigger teams, such as Olympique Lyonnais were defeated 0-3 by relegated Ligue 2 side CS Sedan, struggle to make an impact. Teams such as US Roye, who come from the amateur French CFA leagues, were the overachievers as they manage to make it all the way to semi-finals of the competition where they were knocked out by a resurgent Bordeaux side.'

What will we get?

Hopefuly the CM series is coming back on track. Last year edition was really decent, they are doing good work and who knows, maybe this year they will compete with FM. I really hope so as it would mean SI has to realy step up and make some big changes in their game.

Unlikely, I'm sure BSG have announced they have stop development of CM on the PC platform.

As for FM2011 I really hope SI have employed the largest team of monkeys ;) ever assembled to spend the last 8 months tweaking & fine tuning AI transfer dealings.

I haven't played CM10 but from what I've seen on youtube and heard it's pretty poor. I've seen the 3d on youtube and it is very unrealistic compared to FM even if the graphics are better. Also all the other features are average bar the set piece creator which is a good idea. Compared to FM10 CM10 is poor.

Dynamic league reputation is important to me for longevity in games. I want to play in lesser known leagues and know that if I'm successful it won't be to the team's detriment (with all the players leaving for bigger clubs).

Very short explanation: league reps to rise as teams from that league are succesful on a continental level. ie: someone takes Rosenborg to CL glory so Norwegian league gets higher rep so better class of players can be attracted to ALL Norwegian clubs.

What a lot of people don't realise is that it is a very slow and long process for reps to rise and fall. One CL victory wouldn't have Messi running of to Oslo.

Yes, it is a slow process. It's a case of a league gradually getting better with success, or worse without success. In real life, imagine if English clubs had terrible performances in Europe for a few seasons. It would definitely contribute to whether or not the best players in the World wanted to go to the Premiership.

Agreed. The whole 'Confidence' side needs fixing. I'm sure SI will do something about it as it's so apparent and not currently a big feature (in comparison to others).

A couple of things for me guys 'n' gals:

- I would like all team talk options available at all times, thus giving you more responsibility and a more accurate way of imprinting your management style to the game.

- Tactics / Touchline Instructions not only on the 2d/3d mode but also available on the match information screen (I view split views as a workaround, not acceptable!)

- Dynamic League Rep sounds funky, but would only have an effect on lesser leagues in reality...

- Confidence needs an overhaul

- More feedback and ability to address Lack of Harmony more directly (Maybe a squad happiness screen?)

- Press Conferences :/ (Nuff said)

- More direct control on the Youth set-up, better developement options, a whole development screen preferably. Its basically luck atm unless you go trawling for good youth players, lose hours to that stuff :(.

But it has to be said i think FM '10 is by far the best yet, following the '08, '09 tactics debacle. So I would love to see these features implemented as I am sure many others would.

a much more user friendly pre game editor to set up new competitions etc................with a mass editor PLEASE

a real time editor........................not to cheat.............but to keep up with injuries/staff transfers/player transfers/ retirements/ club transfer bans/new owners/sponsers/ etc etc(take paul robinson today for example!!!!)

better transfer system-the ability to loan a player back to selling club

add player/s from your club to go to selling club on loan for a season to tempt them into the deal

the option to change set piece takers instantly

training to be conducted like a match situation(if you want to) you carry out moves and show players where to make runs/put crosses etc

a much more user friendly pre game editor to set up new competitions etc................with a mass editor PLEASE

a real time editor........................not to cheat.............but to keep up with injuries/staff transfers/player transfers/ retirements/ club transfer bans/new owners/sponsers/ etc etc(take paul robinson today for example!!!!)

better transfer system-the ability to loan a player back to selling club

add player/s from your club to go to selling club on loan for a season to tempt them into the deal

the option to change set piece takers instantly

training to be conducted like a match situation(if you want to) you carry out moves and show players where to make runs/put crosses etc

I like the all the suggestions apart from the real time editor.

-Removal of the fan reports

-Improved player interaction

-Improved Press Conferences

-Team reps to be more dynamic

-Manager interactions to be a bit more sensible (an AI manager saying you are not good enough to win the league, when you `ve won it 3 times in a row and are currently 15 points clear?)

I want to see:-

A fewer amount of bugs in the first patch

A few tweaks to improving scout. Maybe, even going drastic and possibly getting rid of the star system.

A few tweaks to training

More player instructions

Improvement of coach and assistant manager feedback. Probably the most important as a clubs backroom staff is one of the most important things at a football club if used probably

Personalities and relations: - My assman to be moulded into my ideal when we have built a solid relationship of around a few years so he would stop making stupid comments in the dreary press conferences

Press conferences to be more explosive, maybe talk if you didnt turn up. just more interaction

Better transfer rumours

More AI transfers on deadline day and more advanced negotitions

Dynamic rep, although this would probably be too advanced for the fm11

AI controlled clubs improving, rather than always declining. Manchester united would never suicide themselves to the lower leagues after a decade.

A game which is compatible for even the lowest spec laptops and to be more effiecient at processing it all (i.e more leagues at a lower spec0

When you come to think about it, even with all these suggestiions the series is not taking a real step forward (probably because its already very good).I think the only real thing would be to introduce an improved 3d match engine, you know with more animations like actual dribbles and various animations for different actions eg passing . Tbh, i dont see this happening in the next fm as it might take a year or two to make.

Dynamic league reputation, is one thing that I have wished for, for the last few incarnations of the game. @edgar555: I think you will find that most people that want dynamic league reputation, do not want it to be unrealistic. However, looking at some of the Eastern European leagues over the past couple of years, they seem to be getting stronger (although a lot is down to money) and are now able to attract players that once wouldn't have thought twice about going there.

Another thing for me is that when you get your youth intake at the beginning of the year, they should only come with a 'recommended position' rather than a fixed position. You can then either ask your Assistant (or through another addition to the game, have a youth team head coach) to automatically train for their recommended position or you can set this yourself. Between the ages of 14-17 they will then 'learn' that position and this is what position they will be throughout the game. Maybe have a hidden position learning stat, so that some can learn positions more quickly than others and have multiple positions. You can still train them for other positions later in the game, but these will never be their most natural positions, only those learnt in their development age. Reason this appeals to me, is recently reading an interview from Tony Carr (West Ham's Youth Team Director) he mentioned that Rio Ferdinand came to the club as a Midfielder, but after seeing the German way of having a decent ball playing player as one half of your centre back partnerships, he reverted him to a Defender, and the rest is history.

Dynamic league reputation, is one thing that I have wished for, for the last few incarnations of the game. @edgar555: I think you will find that most people that want dynamic league reputation, do not want it to be unrealistic. However, looking at some of the Eastern European leagues over the past couple of years, they seem to be getting stronger (although a lot is down to money) and are now able to attract players that once wouldn't have thought twice about going there.

Another thing for me is that when you get your youth intake at the beginning of the year, they should only come with a 'recommended position' rather than a fixed position. You can then either ask your Assistant (or through another addition to the game, have a youth team head coach) to automatically train for their recommended position or you can set this yourself. Between the ages of 14-17 they will then 'learn' that position and this is what position they will be throughout the game. Maybe have a hidden position learning stat, so that some can learn positions more quickly than others and have multiple positions. You can still train them for other positions later in the game, but these will never be their most natural positions, only those learnt in their development age. Reason this appeals to me, is recently reading an interview from Tony Carr (West Ham's Youth Team Director) he mentioned that Rio Ferdinand came to the club as a Midfielder, but after seeing the German way of having a decent ball playing player as one half of your centre back partnerships, he reverted him to a Defender, and the rest is history.

I agree with your theory about Eastern Europe with players like Gilberto Silva, Eduardo, Elano and Quaresma all at Eastern European Clubs, they certainly look a lot stronger, another real life situation at West Ham was that Joe Cole was a goalkeepe when he joined the club, they let him play outfield once in training and saw what a good outfield player he was.

I agree with your theory about Eastern Europe with players like Gilberto Silva, Eduardo, Elano and Quaresma all at Eastern European Clubs, they certainly look a lot stronger

I certainly wouldn't want it as quick as that though, if it was to increase by competition. Taking the Irish league for example, it would take 3 - 8 years to get it to the level of Scotland, a further 5 - 10 years to get it to say the level of Germany/France and a further 10 - 15 years to even think about Spain/England/Italy, with the rate based on success in Europe, not just the team you manage, but other teams in the league as well. The only way that there may be a rise as quick as eastern Europe, is if SI built in a random event where tycoons started buying clubs in a random league (which kind of simulates what has happened in eastern Europe) and they were able to attract decent (but not top players) through cash rather than rep.

The funny thing is a lot of these shouldn't be that hard to do at all. Dynamic rep should be very easy to implement, you could even have a little bar at the start of the game if you where being really pedantic.

Anyway I really want the following things:

1. Better training,

2. a (better) youth academy system, and

3. a better "advanced" competition editor.

4th, something I really don't think would be hard to create and would really add something to the game. After you've been collecting your 50 grand a week for 20 years, why not make your own football club. Put them in the lowest tier of National Football, choose the kit colours, the nickname, the stadium location, everything. It would just be such a nice touch to the game, a reward to those who have played through x amount of years. Obviously you'd have to have the lowest tier of football turned on.

5th and lastly. Export team. So after playing through x amount of seasons I think my man utd team of 2020 is the best I've ever had, but a friend thinks his arsenal team of 2026 is better, and other friends thinks their Roma team of 2016 and Lazio of 2018 are better. Well why not export the teams, create a online competition involving those 4 teams and find out. Wouldn't affect the game in anyway, but teams would suddenly be collectors items. At the end of every season (or half season, or whenever) give the opportunity to export the team and save them forever.

Well these ideas are a bit late for 2011, maybe 2012 eh?

Archived